Chapter 42 (Agony)

Y/n POV

I visited Jane's family this time. Dennis also came with me so we are now just standing in the living room with them.

Of course, we are invisible.

"Are you sure about this, Y/n?"
Dennis asked.

"Yeah. Jennie doesn't remember them
anymore. I can still watch them for
her."

I watch as Eric's grandson plays the piano for everyone. I can't believe it's been that long already. Eric's grandson is already in his teens too. If I study him closely, I could see some of Jane's mannerisms in both Eric and his grandson. From the way they laugh almost sound the same.

"It was just yesterday when we visited your family. I don't know, Y/n. Why do I feel like you're reminiscing because you're trying to say goodbye?"

"l am not even doing anything."

"I know but why are you even trying to go back to places you cherish?"

"Nothing, Dennis. Just watch them, will you?"

Dennis still doesn't look assured with my answer but he just listened to what I told him and watched the family. Eric and everyone else started clapping after the teenager finished his piece.

"I can't wait to watch your recital sweetie." Eric smiled proudly. He stood up from his seat to get close to him only to fall down on his knees.

"Papa!" A woman rushed to him.

"I-I'm fine," he said as he press on his chest.

"We need to bring papa to the
hospital!"

Dennis and I shared a worried look.
Out of the blue, I felt a light atmosphere in the room. The type of atmosphere only the likes of me would feel. I know this feeling. This is the same feeling I experienced when Kook died.

Dennis tapped on my shoulder and pointed at the young man standing in front of Eric. He was looking at the old man gasping for air on the floor.

"Eric," I called. The apparition turned its head in my direction. "It's you again."

Of course, he's a soul now. AIl of the memories I removed from him have returned. Technically, I don't really erase them. I just lock them away from the physical mind but when the person dies, it all unlocks.

"Yes, it's me. Y/n. This is my friend,
Dennis."

Dennis waved at him. "It's time to go,
Sir."

"Go? Where? Hold on, why is my body in my son's arms?" The apparition studied himself.

"I am a bit transparent."

"You are dead, Eric," I informed him.

So, this is what young Eric looks like. Looks a lot like Jane and Jennie. Their smile is really the same.

"Dead. I see. How come you could see me?"

"We are half-demons, Eric. There are a lot of things to explain but no time for it. Come with us. We will bring you to the gates where angels will guide you."

Eric followed us to the nearest gate in the area. As usual, he's got a lot of questions and I tried to answer them to the best that I can.

"So, Jennie, the woman you were with, she's my mother?"

"The soul, Eric. Jane is dead."

"Yes, yes. Oh my, so you did end up being with her too? You are Y/n!" He sounded very glad.

"I'm so happy to finally meet the woman my mother fell in love with." He shook my hand aggressively.

"Y-yeah."