Chapter 28 (Ultimatum)

Jennie’s POV

I feel a lot better now since Y/n has given full attention to my health. She stayed beside me for straight three days just to make sure that I am not getting any worse. I appreciate her more now.

“You want me not to go to class with you?” She asked me again, looking really worried. “What if you suddenly faint? You just got better.”

“I am fine, Y/n,” I fixed my hoodie.

“Sure?”

“You need to rest too, Y/n. If you go to class with me, you have to turn invisible. Using your powers depletes your energy.”

“Right,” she sounds disappointed.

I held her hand, “I am going to be fine, Y/n. You do not have to worry about me at all. I promise that if something happens to me, I will call you immediately.”

“How? I don’t have a phone.”

I took out a piece of paper from my notebook and showed her the sigil I copied back at Irene’s place.

“My sigil.”

I smiled, “I will bring this with me anywhere I go. This is the easiest way to summon you. Just burn this paper.”

She nodded.

I zipped my bag and wore it behind me, “I’ll go now.”

“Take care.”

“Stay here, okay? Don’t go anywhere else.”

She nodded.

I bid farewell to my mom too who is still busy in the kitchen baking cakes that she needs to deliver tomorrow. Honestly, I don’t actually have class today. I am free every Wednesday. I just have a different agenda and Y/n cannot know about this. Last night, when she was deep asleep, I decided to contact my angels and told them that we should meet behind my university. I guess I didn’t really entirely lied to Y/n. I am still going to university after all.

I finally reached my university. I think Nayeon has classes today. I’ll visit her once I am done with my agenda. I went directly behind the university where most students hang out before their classes or even after. There’s a huge tree in the middle of the wide quadrangle that provides shade for everyone. This is the same tree where Nayeon and I used to hang out last December when Y/n left me.

“Holy Soul,” a male figure appeared beside me.

“You look different,” I said. “This is not the usual body that you use.”

“It is not. I decided to take someone who is working in the university to avoid suspicion.”

“Ah,” I said. “Only you?”

“For now. My partner is still talking to Y/n’s Superior.”

“He wouldn’t come?”

“He’s bargaining with us.”

“Bargaining?”

“That’s just demons work, Holy Soul. Don’t worry about it.”

“But this will be easier if all of us are here already.”

“What is it that you want?”

“I’ll tell you once everyone is here.” I stared at the huge leaves of the tree. Spring has started and the colors of the leaves are changing to a vibrant green. Changes. I hate it. But life will not improve if nothing changed. But sometimes, change requires sacrifices.

“We’re here,” another voice said. It’s a female’s voice this time.

I turned to face all of them. The Superior doesn’t look like he’s fond to be around two angels possessing human bodies. Now that I remember, Y/n said that the Superior is a full-fledged demon which means that this is not his original body. I wonder what his original body looks like since this one has thin hair, huge built yet also big around the stomach area, it’s also a bit short compared to the bodies that the angels are currently possessing.