Chapter 39 (This Is Not The End Yet)

Jennie's POV

I finally got home. I made sure my mom wouldn't see me right now. The buttons of my shirt are ruined because Ji-yong tried to force it open. Even the zipper of the jacket is ruined.

I shut the door to me room and sat on my bed while removing my top. I cried again as I did so. I should've listened to Nayeon. I really should've listened. I don't even know what has gotten into my mind when I saw him holding a rose. Suddenly, just suddenly, everything went nonsense. I wiped my tears so I could get a clear view of my surroundings and found my phone on my bed. I want to call Nayeon to tell her what happened but I don't have the energy to be nagged at the moment. I dropped my face on my pillow and bawled my eyes out.

Finally, I got back to my senses and broke up with him. He's everything I don't want in a person. Why did I accept him again?

Out of nowhere a face appeared in my head. I raised my head up from the pillow. The woman from earlier. The one with those sharp eyes. Those eyes are really grabbing my attention. Everything about that person is familiar but I can't seem to grasp why. The way she looks at me. How I felt when she appeared...

I felt a gush of wind enter my bedroom window. Mint? This presence is so familiar too. I stood up to check outside the window. I like this. A familiar presence that I don't know where it's coming from but it's comforting. I feel like there's an angel watching me and making me feel not so lonely.

My eyes wandered to the sky to see t getting darker too. It's about to rain. I retrieved myself from the window and took a t-shirt from my drawers so I could stand outside. I quickly ran from my room so I could stand up in the middle of the garden to stare at the sky while waiting for the first drops of rain.

After a few seconds of waiting, the rain finally started to fall and I just let them hit my face directly. The rain has always felt so warm. I know it's nonsense to feel like that after all, rain shouldn't make you warm but here I am anyway. I opened my arms wide and just enjoyed the rain as it gets me soaked.

"This feels nice. Thank you." I said to the sky.

This weather and that minty-like presence warm me inside all the time. I wish I knew why. I let my problems be washed along with the rain as it falls down from my body to the ground.

Then out of nowhere, I felt empty again.

This happens whenever the presence disappears along with the scent of mint.

One moment I would feel so warm and the next thing I'll feel so lonely again.

I dropped my arms to my side. I don't feel silly getting wet because of the rain. But standing here alone without the presence makes me feel lonely.

I looked around, trying to double-check if the presence is really gone.

Loneliness showered all over me.

Yeah, the presence is gone now.

Y/n's POV

I dried myself before getting inside the apartment.

She didn't see me right? Who was she talking to? Is she crazy? She could get sick again. Her mom is too busy to take care of her.

"Bad weather, huh?" Hoseok said as I entered the reception area of the building.

"I actually like rain," I informed him.

"Oh well, great weather then." He sounded like he also wanted to play in the rain. He stared at me as droplets of water fall from me down to the velvet carpet of the lobby. I kinda feel sorry for him because he will have to dry it later.

"You'll get out again. Someday. Without the practice sessions with Joy," I assured him. Must be boring to stay in one place for five years and see the same faces. Thank goodness they didn't put me in reception when I was new. I would've retracted my wish right then and there.

"Uhm, Ms. Y/n?" Hoseok called.

"Just Y/n is fine."

He smiled and nodded.

"What do you need?"

"I'm just having some thoughts lately."

"About?"

"I've been thinking if what I'm doing is right. I mean, what I wished for. Now I'm here, I feel like I'm stuck. I don't know the purpose of my wish. Why did I make it?"

I blinked. "Didn't we discuss this before already?"

"Yes and since then, I've been thinking a lot and the memory of my death just became clearer. The vision of my friend and I laying on the asphalt road while blood was coming out of my friend's nose and mouth... Then on my head. I don't know why I made the wish. I feel like I made it out of a spur not really thinking about it."

"Hoseok." I feel sorry for this kid.

"Yes?"

"You are already here. You cannot anything about it anymore. All you could do now is do what you've always wanted to do. You have all eternity now to learn advanced violin or advanced piano. Heck, be a doctor if you want to like Joy."

"Will those be enough to make me stay?" He rolled a small bottle on top of his desk.

"So, you took a wish?"

"Nope. Not yet. The superior guided me through the process and gave me this."

"That's nice."

"It made me realize that we are not truly free though. Our eternity revolves on this one."

I don't want to stay with him any longer if this is what our conversation will be; not when I've been thinking of the same thing for the past decades.

"How about you, Y/n. What made you stay?"

I stared at him. "What do you mean?"

"Erm, the other demons were talking. I heard about your story and the girl. She's gone now. Why are you still here? What made you cling to this world? You could go now, right?"

I took a deep breath. "That's what I thought too." I looked out of the window. This is the only area in the whole building where you could see outside. People walk rushing to wherever they're going, out with their friends and loved ones, buying material things for a bit of serotonin; simple things to do but it makes life less boring and makes you cling to it. I don't have that anymore. Right?

"Y/n?"

But I guess I do. I still have something to do before I finally let go. Joy is right. "I guess I still want to fight for it," I mumbled.

"What? Who are you fighting?"

"The thing that makes me cling to this life." I returned my eyes to him. "I want to fight for what I have left. It can't end that way."

"...oh...oh..her? Yeah, that'll be nice. She definitely misses you as much as you miss her."

I smiled at him. "You can't tell this to anyone."

He acted as if he was zipping his mouth. "Out of all the demons here, you're the only one whom I could actually talk to. I will not betray you."

"Kid, you're also a demon. A demon does demon things."

"I'm not a kid anymore. I'm seventeen. Well, twenty-two if you count my demon years."

"I'm a hundred and forty-six."

"Oh. Yeah, well I am a kid compared to you. But I am true to my words. I will never do harm to anyone that doesn't harm me."

"That's assuring." I went back to my room, fixed myself, and went to bed. Unexpectedly, today is a bit exhausting. I tried to go to sleep but I can't stop worrying about Jennie. Not that I'd made up my mind to try and get her back.

I have to do something with Ji-yong. I fisted my hand to my side. What should I do to that guy?

EHE~ What should Y/n do indeed? 😈