Chapter 26 (Warmth Of The Rain)

Jennie's POV

When I finally opened my eyes it's already too bright. I hovered my hand over my eyes to keep them from the sun. I turned away from the sun to face Y/n. She's still sleeping. Her arm is still wrapped around me while the other is under my head. I moved closer to her. I don't want to get up. I want to stay beside her forever.

"What time is it?" She asked with a very drowsy voice.

"I don't know. Probably some time in the afternoon."

She opened her eyes but immediately closed when she realized it's too bright. She then stood up. Not being bothered that she doesn't have any clothes on, she picked up the fabric and covered the one window that was opened.

She turned to face me. "Your angels are hella mad." She picked up a shirt from the floor and wore it.

"Really? Sucks huh."

"I'll prepare breakfast." She said as she disappeared in front of me and headed downstairs.

I looked for my shirt on the floor but it's not there, then I realized that Y/n probably picked it up without realizing that it's not hers. Can't wait to see her in pink. I took her black shirt from the floor and wore it. I followed her downstairs. She was devouring a piece of bread and drink. Right, her body gets really tired after that.

"Lady in all pink." I called.

She frowned. Then she looked at my shirt. "That's mine." She said with her mouth full. Then she looked at her shirt. "Oh."

"Pink looks good on you."

She made a disgusted face.

***************************************

Y/n finally brought me home. As soon as I got back to my room, a clone of me - as expected, evaporated into thin air.

"That's how they do it, huh?" Y/n asked. "Freaky."

"I guess that's a more logical way than explaining how I disappeared for almost a month." I sat on my bed.

Y/n sat beside me.

We were silent again. Not awkward. Just silent. Then she laid her back on it.

I copied her. We stared at the ceiling.

I was going to lean for a kiss when my door suddenly opened so I had to act as if I fell from my bed and I had to get up and it just so happened that Y/n was there.

"I'm sorry. I fell." I said to my mom.

She frowned. She's probably wondering what I'm up to again.

"Jennie, I've been calling you." My mom said, "F/n, I didn't realize you were here too."

Y/n raised a hand.

"What do you need, mom?" I am actually happy to see her again. She seems happier than the last time I saw her. I wanted to hug her but I had to act like I've been here all along.

"Your friend, Nayeon, ordered a cake and I've been asking you to deliver it. Go before the icing melts."

"Oh...right."

"You may go on a date after this. But deliver the cake first."

"Mom!"

"What? You think I wouldn't notice that you tried to kiss?"

"Mom!"

Y/n covered her face and tried to stop herself from laughing.

"Take my daughter home before dinner. Okay?"