night hunting with pairs

it was now midnight. lan qiren and the crowd was all excited for the next challenge. both teams were in the center arena, waiting for the announcement. lan qiren stood up and head to the microphone.

he cleared his throat, "hello, fellow crowds." he paused to look at the crowd that was silencing. noticing the speaker, both teams turned to lan qiren, also silenced.

lan qiren then continued, "the next challenge will be night hunting with pairs. each team will choose three pairs of two members and will go on seperate night hunts. though they are seperate, the pairs will count up their corpses with their team and whoever's team gets the mosy corpses wins! now you're probably wondering how we will see them hunt. us elders placed a new type of talisman specially made for this challenge. it is called a 'screen talisman'. we placed this all over the forest they will go hunting with. this talisman can create a live video, showing us all of the pairs and what they are doing during the challenge. and no, the teams can only choose a partner from their own team. with that, let us now begin! we will give you guys five minutes to choose partners!"

AFTER THEY CHOSE

lan qiren yelled through the microphone, " READY, SET, GO!!"

all pairs vanished into the forest with their partners. just as they left, a screen-shaped-box showed up in the middle of the arena. it was showing all of the pairs and what was happening with them. think of it like a television with four sides of the screen.

in the screen, it showed nie axzia and jin luxia already fighting a corpse. one pulled out dual blades while the other pulled out sealing talismans. seems like those two were pairs.

another screen that was split showed two pairs of teams. the right side of the screen showed jin ling and nie huaisang fighting three walking corpses. jin ling only used his bow and arrows to kill half the corpses, while huaisang uses his blade-sharp fans to cut the other half of the corpses' heads. of course, with their cultivation level, they immediately killed them.

seeing that, the crowd cheered on, cheering and yelling for the blades.

the left side of the screen showed wei ying and lan wangji. wei ying was controlling the corpses to come to them with chenqing, while lan zhan feeds them off and kills them with a note of his giqin. about 2 groups of ten corpses was coming towards them.

this time, more than half- but not the whole- crowd was cheering on for the clouds.

another side of another split screen showed jingyi and sizhui sending off walking corpses with their giqins. the other side of the split screen showed the Cloud Lotus's team captains.

the crowd saw the two captains and went wild, cheering them on while watching.

the screen showed jiang cheng and xichen fighting a huge headless corpse with a fine build, but with tattered clothes. (no it's not nie mingjue- it'll just be another headless corpse •>• )

IM GONNA WRITE WHAT THEY ARE WATCHING NOW WITH ITALICS. the normal font will be the crowd. i stop writing italics when the fight is done.

xichen unsheathed shuoyue and fought alongside with jiang cheng, who had zidian sparking purple sparks non-stop, which means that the corpse was very dangerous.

both captains got into fightjng position and charged at the headless corpse who didn't seem like he noticed then. xichen swiftly sliced one of the corpses legs and was soon followed by jiang cheng who was readu to take another leg.

but with the sudden attack from xichen, the corpse immediately went on guard, so he quickly sensed jiang cheng. but jiang cheng was faster, so the corpse could only move to the side, protecting himself using his arms.

jiang cheng saw this as an opportunity and whipped zidian at him, slicing both his arms off. both landed behind the corpse and looked at each other and nodded. both then raised their lehs up high, and kicked the headless corpse with spiritual energy.

the kick looked so strong and powerful that the crowd had chills sent behind their back. even the elders!

"th-they're so powerful!" one man said from the crowd that was watching them. "i know right!" a female cultivator agreed.

"but you should also look at the blades's captains!" a young male cultivator said. with that, everybody looked at another screen- this time, a full screen.

the screen showed meng yao and more mingjue fighting two types of corpses. meng yao was fighting about 10 to 20 walking corpses. but with meng yao's strings that's sharp and clean enough to cut through human flesh and bones, he easily cut through all of the corpses by making a formation with his strings.

mingjue on the other side, was fighting a deadly dead-bride corpse. (stfu i only know wen ning, mingjue's corpse in the novel, and walking corpses- so i had to make my own.)

the bride had a white bridal dress that was splattered with blood. probably blood of the other wives. the wife had beautifuk black hair, but it was in a messy bridal hair bun. the wife had good facial features. almond shaped eyes with light golden shades cocering it. sharp eyebrows with brown tints.

the bride also had thin but red lips. at the corners of her lips, the bride had blood smeared on her face. if the bride was cleaned up and changed, you could day that the man who had her hand was licky to have such beauty.

as meng yao killed the last of the walking corpses, he looked over to mingjue who was fighting close combat with the dead bride. the bride then scratched an arm of mingjue and meng yao immediately went into action.

he charged at the bride and went behind her a few meter away. mingjue saw him and knew what he was about to do. he then swiftly pulled out a punch with spiritual energy surrounding his fist and smashed it against her stomach.

the bride then was sent flying towards meng yao, who had his strings ready. lines of almost invisible strings were place infront of his face, about 7 inches away. the bride then crashed into meng yao. but he wasn't pushed with her, since she got sliced into bits of pieces when her body crashed with the strings.

meng yao then glared at the pieces of corpse flesh and muttered, "nobody..and i mean nobody hurts, nor touches, what's mine.".

"a-yao." mingjue called out to his lover. meng yao then raised his head and smiled as if he never muttered anything

"coming!" meng yao yelled.

if you're wondering about what happened to the crowd, well..you could say they've instantly went frozen after that spine-chilling battle with the Vermillion Blades's captains and the dead bride corpse.

but nonetheless, all pairs still comtinued on hunting while the crowd cheers.

HEYY Y'ALL oh and i'm planning a surprise for the next chapter. ye. i hope- VOTE IF U GUYS LIKED THIS CHAPTER

from,

MATCHMAKER OF XICHENG

word count: 1204