Chapter 40 - Bar's Story

⚠️⚠️TRIGGER WARNING: VIOLENCE AND SELF-HARM⚠️⚠️

POV Bar:

Hi. My real name is Barbara. I live with my friend in an apartment because my mum is at the mental hospital since I was a kid and my dad he's always busy with work. I know I should be like in a youth center but luckily my friend is an adult and she can take care of me.
My friend is 19 years old, she's like a big sister for me. We always hang out together, talk about everything and she even always picks me up from school. Her name is Carly. She always calls me Bar as nickname.

My life.. is actually so basic. Like at the school nothing interesting happens, when I come home I do homework, listen to music, watch TV with Carly and talk with her about everything. I have friends at school but we don't really talk often. So it's actually boring.

Right now I'm at the School on the sidewalk waiting for Carly. I look on the right side and see a red car coming. It's Carly's Car. I smile at her as soon she saw me. She stops in front of me.

Carly: "Heyyy come in"

Bar: "Hiii"

I put my backpack in the backseat and go to the front seat next to Carly.

Carly: "Lemme guess... still nothing happened at school?"

Bar: "Oh... something happened there.."

Carly: "What? What happened?"

Bar: "Exams coming up"

Carly: "Ahh don't scare me like that. I really thought something interesting would finally happen there"

Bar: "Haha. Sorry. But I don't know what to do like the school is so stressful"

Carly: "Hmm I know how you feel. I felt like that too. But hey, let's try to rest today okay?"

Bar: "But I have homewo-"

Carly: "I'm soryy I can't hear you what are you saying??" *turns radio volume up*

Bar: "I- I have- ugh nevermind"

Carly: *laughs*

I look at Carly.
She's so beautiful. Her ginger hair... with some freckles in her face.. and such ocean eyes.
I can be so happy to have her as my not-related sister.

Carly: "We're there"

I get out of the car and take my backpack in the backseat. We go inside the Apartment and go up to the second floor.
We go in our room and.. woah. It smells so good.
Suddenly my stomach makes noises.

Carly: "Haha are you hungry? I made some lasagne"

Bar: "Ahh LASAGNE?? MY FAVORITEEE"

Carly: "Ahahaha I knew you would be happy about it"

Bar: "I swear to god you make the best lasagne on the world!"

Carly: "Well... I'm Carly what did you expect"

Bar: "Yes, my only friend and sister"

Carly: "Aww. Now go. I know you can't wait to eat it"

Bar: "I will MOVE NOW"

She laughs and makes the way free for me to the kitchen. I take the plate and put a huge portion of lasagne. I start to eat it and.. ahhh. So good... the taste is so.. mhh you can't even describe it.

While I'm eating I notice how Carly is talking with someone on phone... and she looks desperate.

Bar: "Carly is everything okay?"