Drink Away the Problems - Erwin x Reader

*Does anyone play Final Fantasy: Record Keeper on mobile? I've been addicted to it and might I say it's fun.

hella.

"You're drinking again? I thought you quit."

   The Corporal leaned against the wooden walls of a small office as his hands were folded over his chest. He stood in the office of Commander Erwin, who was sitting behind his desk with paperwork and a half an empty bottle of red wine beside him. He had noticeable bags under his eyes, as well as few scratchy, almost hoarse voice when he donned when he spoke. Sighing, he replied to his short friend.

   "It's only a little, Levi. I wont drown myself in it." his gaze shot up at the man before glancing at the bottle beside him, the glass and liquid shining from the sunlight that shone into his window.

   "You said that last time, and you know what happened?" he asked, furrowing his eyebrows a bit before continuing. "You fell behind on your paperwork, forgot to do your daily routine - hell, you even forgot to attend a meeting that same day. Your meetin. And you drank wine, not beer or shit that can really make you feel like crap."

   "I had too much on my plate that day, you know that," he sighed, leaning back into his uncomfortable wooden chair in stress. Levi's eyes rolled at his poor excuses. "and I attended that meeting, I didn't forget."

   "You attended when it was over." Levi scoffed, quietly muttering insults to him in French. All Erwin did was sigh silently and continue with his paperwork, while he hung around his office doing nothing but staring outside the open window, silent between them both. Erwin took a few sips from the now almost empty bottle on his desk, sometimes even chugging down the liquid from time to time. This brought Levi's attention to him, checking if he already became drunk or if he was going overboard without even himself knowing.

   He began to swim through his sea of thoughts, before he came across one that was sure to bring a reason for Erwin's drunken activities. Sighing, he broke the silence with a question that rang bells in his ears.

"It's about (y/n), isn't it?"

   Erwin shot a piercing gaze at him, his lips slightly parted, as the thought of you quickly reached his mind. He hesitated, not wanting to say what he felt right now. "... I don't know what you're talking abo-"

   "Like hell you don't," Levi interrupted him, as he now stood straight instead of leaning against on the wall. "ever since you broke up with her, you've been a mess, while she seems perfectly fine."

   A few months ago, you and the Commander were in a romantic relationship. After confessing your feelings for each other, you were both engulfed into the beauty of love and affection, sharing them between you. It seemed like such a perfect relationship. To you, at least.

   After the destruction of Stonehess from the battle of Eren Jaeger with Annie Leonhardt, he instantly became stressed, sleep deprived, and most importantly - tired. He had to deal with many paperwork and fines for the destruction, and all that tied together made it impossible for you to even hang out in his office with him while he worked. He was so stressed and tired, to the point where he eventually began to push away and isolate himself from everyone, including you.

   You tried to help him - giving words of encouragement and lending a hand with his work - but one day, he suddenly decided that he couldn't have anytime for you or the relationship, so he broke up with you. He felt that he didn't need to have anymore worries, and that he couldn't take responsibility for something he didn't even have time for, so what's the point?

   Knowing that he couldn't make any time for you, all you simply did was nod and leave. That's what he wanted you to do, right? Just leave, since he didn't have time for you anymore?