Illusions (Part Two) - Levi x Reader

*here is part two of Illusions! Sorry it took so long, school got in the way once again, so I apologize that you waited nearly a month for it! D:

requested by @ssdwawesomeness

Nightfall passed quicker than usual, and morning rose from the depths of the ground like always. The blinding and refreshing rays peeked through the fabricated curtains that barely covered the whole window pane, as it awoke him from his sleeping slumber. He fluttered his eyes open, as the sun greeted a harsh 'good morning' with its rays that nearly blinded him. Hissing at the sensation, he quickly flipped the covers of his blanket over his head, blocking the sunlight that peeked at his face.

It took him a few minutes before getting used to the change of contrast, before he flipped the blanket back onto the bed and sat up, switching his legs to the edge of the bed. He sighed as he did so, before gathering what little courage he had and stood up, before making his way towards his bathroom to freshen up and prepare for the day ahead of him.

Today was one of those days where he had absolutely no motivation to do anything. It was a Sunday, after all, so he had a tendency to slack on his responsibilities before the new week of work. Despite knowing that he had a bunch of duties on his hands, he was too lazy to even leave his bedroom this morning, so he planned on staying inside before dealing with his young squad mates and the others in the regiment.

He had just exited the bathroom, still wearing his slightly wrinkled and baggy sleepwear, when he heard a knock at the door to his office. He sighed before making his was into his office, mindlessly not remembering that he was still indeed in his sleepwear.

He forced the yawn that threatened to leave his mouth as he opened the door, pulling it back to reveal the person he wanted to both see the most and least.

"(F-F/n)?" he almost yelped at her appearance right at his door, as he notice that she held a stack full of papers in her hands. He was now beginning to become self-conscious and insecure about his appearance - slightly ruffled hair, immodest attire, and tired eyes.

"Good morning Corporal," she flashed him a smile, not even acknowledging his appearance.

"Squad leader Hanji Zoe directed me to drop off these papers to you."

His muscles stiffened at the mention of Hanji. She was always infatuated with the pairing of him and you, so it was quite obvious that she was secretly planning something up her sleeve, especially since she directed her, no one else, to drop off these papers.

What was she up to? Was she going to convince him to confess his feelings to her? How does she even know that he is in love with her?

He suddenly found himself standing there mindlessly and silently, staring at nothing but the other side of the hallway. No one was in sight, and no one was down the corridor at this time. There was nothing but distilled silence in the air, as his heavy breathing was becoming a nuisance to himself.

Oh my fucking god.

Had he just imagined you being there again? He swore that he heard that knocking on his door just a few minutes ago...

He shook his head in disbelief, before accidentally slamming the door shut. Well, he meant to force it shut, but the sound was louder than he intended it to be, as he suppose that it could have woken up the others down the hall.

He groaned rather loudly in distress and confusion, as his head was beginning to pound from overthinking. It hadn't even been an hour ever since he woke up, and he was already imagining you. He thought that today was going to be the first day where he wouldn't even acknowledge you to himself unless necessary, but he realized that he wished for too much in a short period of time.