(Modern AU) The Band Beginner (Part One) - Jean x Reader

*Revised 06/27/2017

Hikari - Kingdom Hearts -Orchestra Ver.-

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀❁࿐✶⋆

"...and, unless you have the amount of credits needed to graduate, you will be forced to repeat your senior year."

   Jean stared boredly with his golden hues, as the man before him gave a serious look. He was clad in a grey suit, with a blue tie. His eyes were a light shade of ocean blue, and his hair was a perfect combover that was styled with such care. Not to mention his bushy eyebrows that everyone knew him for

   The two were currently sitting in the large office, with the suited man behind the desk, with the other in front. The boy gave him a look that screamed "I don't want to be here."

   "I don't get why we need a certain amount of credits to graduate," Jean scoffed as he turned his head to the side, away from the large window that allowed for some sunlight to shine into the illuminated room.

"As long as I do the work with passing grades, right?"

   "Completing high school isn't necessarily all about turning in your classwork for a grade that's above well below," the older, blonde man sighed with his eyes closed, before taking ahold of a paper that had been set aside on his desk.

"High school requires an amount of credits earned in order for you to fully pass on to the next grade or graduate. Without that or the passing grades, you'd be forced to repeat,"

   Principal Smith shifted his Caribbean-colored irises, behind the silver frames of his glasses, down at the paper that he held in his hands. This caught Jean's attention as he was also fixated on the piece of paper. He rose an eyebrow, seeing how suddenly concentrated his principal became.

"You're only a few credits behind, so signing up for an elective class of your choice would add on to the amount you have now. Here's the electives that are available."

   He handed the paper to Jean, leaning over the desk to give it to the bi-colored male. His golden hues scanned over the not-so-long list of classes, and the voice in his head said "Ew" for each class he had looked over.

Home Economy, Ceramics, Art... what the hell is this crap?!

   He flipped the paper over as he nearly slammed it on the desk, a thud erupting from the impact on the wooden surface. The principal nearly sighed at his actions, already expecting the attitude and reaction from him.

"I don't like those classes," Jean scoffed as he furrowed his eyebrows and folded his arms across his chest.

"Is there any other alternatives for me to earn my credits?"

   Principal Smith reached over for the list of electives once more, reading each class carefully to see if one was suitable for the stubborn boy. His eyes nearly lit up when he saw the last class listed, which was Orchestra Band. The facts in his head had been cleared from other jumbled thoughts, as he began to remember an important fact.

"I understand that you're a part of a rock band outside of school, correct?"

Jean rose an eyebrow at him once again. Why the hell does the principal know that he's in a band? It wasn't an important fact to him or any other staff, so why bring it up anyways?

"Yeah. What about?"

"I also understand that you're very passionate about music, as well as composing it, right?"