(Modern AU) Reminiscence - Levi x Reader

*Previously known as Last-minute Feelings

    I sat in the plush, comfortable recliner on the side of your hospital bed. Cold enveloped the small room, pristine, white walls giving a sense of cleanliness. Staring at your limp but breathing body, I gradually sighed to myself, hearing nothing but the beeping of the monitor that indicated your steady, slow heartbeat. It was nighttime, and the lights above in the ceiling casted no shadows in the room - it made me see you clearly, even though I was a few feet away from your unconscious body. The smell of my half-empty cup of black tea lingered near my chair, but never ventured out into the whole room. I know how much you love the smell of black tea, especially when you see me drinking it at home.

   I blinked slowly before my eyes wandered to the side, seeing the small nightstand that held various colored balloons and bouquets of flowers, the lavender ferns' scent filling the room; half masking the scent of black tea, the red, white, and pink roses tied together by a ribbon in another bouquet. My half lidded eyes eventually led to the window in the back of me. I gazed through the clear glass, seeing the city lights from below while the sky held a raven black hue. It was colorful - lights of yellow, green, blue, and red... it was truly a achy worth painting. We're blessed with this view because you were moved to one of the rooms that were basically in the middle of the building, but I didn't care... I'd walk a thousand miles just to see if you were okay.

   As my mind wandered over millions of useless thoughts, my mind settled on one thing - how you got here in the first place:

   It was about 3 weeks ago - you were driving to the store getting some groceries for you and I, while I was at home doing some shit paperwork for the company I worked for. I offered to come with, but you didn't want to drag me along, especially since I already had a lot of work to take care of. Honestly, I would have made that work up easily - it wasn't much, too, so I didn't see why it was such a worry about me.

I still didn't make the work up by now.

   Anyways, while you drove on at a green light at an intersection, some idiotic, lowlife, shit-hearted, asshole apparently "didn't see you", and drove straight into your car from the right, practically sending you flying out the driver's seat window, your now unconscious body hitting the asphalt pavement with shattered glass and small car parts by your side and on you. I didn't know you got into this accident about an hour after you left, and it barely occurs when you take that long to pick up some croissants, milk, butter, and a box of black tea.

   So I called your phone, a little pissed off at why it took you so long to go light grocery shopping. Usually you'd be visiting a friend by the area, or got caught up in traffic - typical stuff. But you knew how concerned and a little impatient when it came to you going away and not coming back after a while. I'm an asshole about it, but I do it because I love you.

   You didn't pick up, and that's what made me a little more pissed. So I called you again, annoyed at how I had to keep typing in the number.

No answer.

   Okay, so by now I wasn't thinking the unthinkable, so I simply texted you somewhat a little angrily, but I knew you'd take it for no offense:

Brat, when are you coming home, you left an hour ago. Did you get constipated at the store or some shit?

   I waited for your response by turning on the TV and changing the channel to the news, even though I wasn't very found of watching what was going on in our city. Honestly, there could be humanoid titans wrecking havoc in the city and I wouldn't give two shits about that.

   I stayed on the damned channel and there was a female reporter that was standing by an intersection with two wrecked cars behind her, grasping the microphone in her right hand as she spoke clearly: