Flirting Game: Strong - Bertholdt x Reader

*I posted this the night of the deadline I promised lol sry

This one is kinda long oops.

⠀"(Y-y/n), could you please help me with sweeping up the floor?" Bertholdt sweetly yet nervously asked as he held a broom in his hand. You looked away from hanging saddles and reins on the wooden wall to meet his shy gaze, and you smiled at his request.

"Sure." you confidently replied, before taking another broom that was hanging on the wall and began sweeping along with him, the hay on the ground scattered on the floor haphazardly.

Today, you and Bertholdt were given chores - well, more like orders - to clean up and take care of the stables for this week starting today, much to your dismay. The sounds of horses neighing and shuffling in their secluded stables filled your ears, along with the brushing and scraping sound of your broom against the floor.

You were actually glad that you were paired up with Bertholdt today. He was more quiet and actually did the work, rather than the other soldiers you were paired up with in the past. And it wasn't just the men that were lazy - women too, so most times, you ended up being the one doing all the work, while you partner either slept, dozed off into space, or complained to you about their problems.

Ugh, so annoying.

You were a few years older than the boy, as well as most of the cadets from the 104th Trainee squad that joined the Scouting Legion after they graduated. You were currently one of the few in Commander Erwin's squad, and even though you weren't the same age as the young, teenage boys and girls, you were still treated like one, despite being in your early twenties.

But you didn't complain, because you knew that you would act like that to someone like yourself.

"Th-thanks." he nervously stated as you had finished sweeping by the gates of the horses' stables. You turned around to meet his shy gaze once more, and did nothing but obliviously, yet sweetly, smile at his taller form.

"No problem. Anyways, looks like we're done here, right?" you sighed tiredly as you looked around the horse stables, examining and trying to detect any sign of spots that you had missed. He simply nodded as you turned your attention back to him, before offering to take his broom and put it back on the wall, much to his nervous dismay.

"Y-yeah," he shakily replied, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. Of course, you thought that he was just tired, since you were oblivious to these types of hints.

"Thanks for helping me out..."

"No problem," you smiled cheekily at him once more as you dusted off your uniform and pants with both of your slightly dirtied hands. "Anyways, I'll see you later Hoover."

With that, you walked off, leaving him slightly dumbfounded and disappointed in himself.

Ugh, I have no game at all.

-------

The way her long, (h/c) hair carelessly and mindlessly swifts in the summer breeze sends my beating heart into a completely frozen state. Her (e/c) irises shine brighter than the glistening of the sun's rays reflecting on the surface of the riverbanks that flow through the districts.

"...holdt?"

Her angelic smile is something so unique and different, that not even I can fathom how such a beautiful being like her exists-

"Bertholdt!"

The masculine blonde's voice interrupted his dear friend's daydream as he blinked himself back to reality, the sounds of murmuring and clinking silverware filled his ears in the background. His forest green eyes finally focused on his friend's irritated yet concerned expression as he sat across from him, the long table between the two.