(Vampire AU) Nocturne - Jean x Reader

*Revised 07/03/2017

   The moon's illuminating beam shone through the thin glass panes of the stone castle, as the whitle light seeped into the halls and rooms through the black velvet drapes. The air was cold and quiet, with nothing but the stirring sounds of chirping crickets and calling cicadas. A faint, familiar aroma filled the, what seemed to be, an empty castle; finely decorated glass pots were set on tables throughout the corridors, which held sandalwood-smelling fragrance sticks, probably to mask the scent of faint blood and flesh.

   Quiet footsteps could be heard from down the corridor as the Prince made his way towards the conference room of the grand castle, the green cape that was tied around his neck gracefully flying along with the wind that passed him as he ventured further down the quiet hall. His footsteps were lightly softened and patted against the red, velvet-like carpet beneath his booted feet.

   His nose slightly scrunched as he began to catch the scent of an all-too-familiar aroma, as he neared the grand doors of the castle's conference room. There, he was greeted by two guards that stood there ground on the sides, nodding their heads at the Prince's arrival. He nodded back as they quickly opened the doors for him, squeaks and creaks cracking the quiet air as he kept his pace of walking.

   His golden, bright hues quickly shifted to a dark red, crimson color. His nose could now recognize the scent he had caught earlier whilst walking down the corridor-

humans.

   His eyes darted to the front of the room, as he saw where his dear father stood. His large cloak was wrapped around his neck as well, the velvet fabric draping down the elder man's back. His eyes, too, were the same color of crimson as the Prince, as the boy teenage boy stood there in silence.

   "You're late." his father spoke sternly, as he rose from the chair that was raised on a pedestal. The glare in his blood-shot eyes were noticeable, as the Prince did nothing but keep an emotionless and calm expression.

   "I had some matters to discuss." the boy replied, before his eyes were directed to the large, opened balcony on the other side of the room. The large balcony was facing the outside of the castle, to which the scenery of the night sky and sleeping city of Sina was better viewed.

"You dare put your personal matters before your royal duties?" his father replied with such seriousness, though his son wasn't fazed at all.

"I'm here now, aren't I? Let's just get this over with, father. I'm not in the mood for anther lecture."

The boy sighed as he began walking towards the balcony, as his father trailed behind him.

   Today was Contract Day - a day where the heir to the throne of Legionaries is given the opportunity to select a citizen from the city of Sina. All citizens from the range of thirteen to nineteen years of age are put in a ballot, their names written on a folded piece of paper, and thrown into a large, glass box. The heir to the throne then chooses a random participant, and that person is automatically his slave - in this case, they become the heir's royal bloodslave.

   The throne of Legionaries is the royal family of vampires. However, these vampires are slightly different from your normal "teenage romance" type - these vampires have been given "gifts," as what the King states. These "gifts" are abilities that each Legionary is given, to which the ruling family, the Kirstchein family, is given at birth.

   The Prince walked out onto the balcony, and was welcomed by the fresh air of the midnight sky. He was greeted by the millions of stars that shone down from above, as well as the thousands of citizens below him. The crescent moon seemed to smile at his arrival, as his dear father stood by him, before he rose his voice to the people below, who gathered at this time of night for the reaping of Contract Day.