Beginning of Duel Competition!!

Previously,
Now,
Jake walked forward with his team and saw the other two class teachers at both ends of the hall.

Jake: This time I have a new Slifer heir. And he is no joke!!
Obelisk Teacher: Ok good for you, although we can't really find the obelisk heir, but we found one in your team. It's time to win this.

As they continued to trash talk, foot steps were heard, both Teachers looked behind and clenched their fist. The guy was wearing a jacket with golden Ra on it. As he approached them, he took off his glasses and offered a hand shake.

Ra teacher: Let's have a good competition.  Shall we? However we shall not need any trash talk for I am the one to win. Like last  time, we shall crush the weak.

After he made his speech, he walked away as Jake and the obelisk teacher walked back to their places.

The commentators stood in their places and adjust their ties. They placed the camera in place and waited for the stadium to set up. A huge stadium light up as parents, students and other people came to watch the competition. The same was happening at the Sacred Beast section.

The competition began with a few duels. Team slifer won a few battles with ease, against obelisk team especially.

Commentator: the next battle!! Keith against James. If James loses this match, then he is out!

James straighten his obelisk jacket and place his deck in the duel disk. Keith went up the stage and stood on his end. He slide his duel disk and got ready. James was sweating nervously and just stood there.

Both: DUEL!!

James: I draw!! This should be easy. I normal summon my silent swordsman level 3 and set 2 cards. End my turn.
James:8000/8000lp, 3 cards.

Keith: my turn, draw!! I cast terror forming. I add umi to my hand. Next I normal summon lantern shark and activate its effect to summon another water type monster with level 1, 3, 4 or 5 to my hand in defence mode!! Go double fin shark!! Now I create the overlay system, using lantern shark and double fin shark as xyz materials to xyz summon, Bahamut Shark!! Now let's go!! I activate Bahamut shark's effect! Divine soul!! Go shark Caeser !

 Next I normal summon lantern shark and activate its effect to summon another water type monster with level 1, 3, 4 or 5 to my hand in defence mode!! Go double fin shark!! Now I create the overlay system, using lantern shark and double fin shark a...

Another level 3 xyz shark appeared on the field as a soul from Bahamut got thrown into the drop zone.

Keith: that's not all! Activating the effect of Shark Caeser! By destroying one xyz material. It gets one shark counter!
James: You can activate as much and call as many monsters you want, you'll need it!
Keith: fine then, go shark caeser! Metal bite!
James: I activate my face down card!! Dimension Guardian!! You cannot destroy my Silent swordsman during battle phase since he is in attack position!

Keith: but I can still deal damage to you!

Shark Caeser swam to silent swordsman and took a bite at his arm. The impact then went to James.

Keith: Now during damage step! activating Shark Caeser's effect, when it attack or is being attack, it gains 1000 atk for each shark counter on it. So plus 1000 atk!!
James: WHAT!!
James:5200/8000lp
Keith: I set one card and end my turn.
Keith: 8000/8000lp, 2 hand cards

James: my turn! Draw! Let's go. Level up silent swordsman!! Level 5 silent swordsman....

Keith was laughing
Keith: game over...

James widened as a face down card was revealed. All of the sudden a huge wave clashed into the silent swordsman and wiped him down. James was speechless as Keith continue.

Keith: Haha, sad for you. I cast my trap card, Fish dept charge. I tribute Bahamut Shark to activate it. It destroys a card on a field and I draw a card. I choose your silent swordsman.

James: err.... Ah SHOOT. I can't do anything!! My hand cards. They are useless! I end my turn...

Keith: time for me to rise. I draw. Time to finish this. This is a waste of time....

Keith felt a power surging through him as some dark energy went through his body. His avatar appeared and Keith xyz summoned his shark drake and ended the duel.

As the duel ended, James fell on the ground and fainted. Coincidentally, Y/N finishes his match and saw Keith's previous match. He started to sweat as his new avatar, in a form of dark mist appeared.

Blaster joker: sooo... now part of your energy is in him eh. You should probably end that energy soon before it consumes him and turns him into a shadow duellist, a duellist which has one intention to duel, is to win and infect other duelists with it.

Y/N then gritted his teeth and clenched his fist.

Y/N:let's see how Kaiba does in his match.

As he walked towards Kaiba and his jaws dropped. Kaiba already finished his match one his first turn.
After the victories they all went to celebrate with the slifer class and went to a restaurant and had a feast.

As they ate, they also discussed battle strategies with each other and laugh with a few jokes. But Kaiba just decided to not join them and head some where else. Meanwhile Y/N has been observing Keith and realised that he has been getting more confident, but cocky too.

After the celebration, Y/N walked home together with Keith and talked to him about how he has been different lately.

Keith: Different? I feel more powerful, more confident. I finally felt that I am not the old me anymore, I am more powerful than ever.

Y/N: but this new power you have, it's corrupting you. Although you are getting stronger, but you are losing yourself too. You are already confident even from the start....

Keith: STOP IT. I already know what you want. You want me to get rid of the only power that is making me stronger! Can't you see it! It's overpowered and you are too scared to admit it. You are scared to lose to me! I thought that you were my friend ! But looks like not....

Keith's eyes turned dark red as he ran and side kicked Y/N. Y/N's skill activate and all the Taekwondo moves start flowing in his mind. Keith went for another strike again but Y/N side stepped and grabbed his leg with one hand while using the other with his arm and elbowed Keith in the face.

But when Keith wants counter, Y/N stopped him and took out his duel disk.

Keith: So it's gonna be that way eh? Sure

Both: DUEL!!

To be continued....