SEQUEL 6) Yeah I'll Be There For You

The crackling of the fire in the middle of what could only be described as a courtyard was burning brighter than ever, it lit up the night around it and beyond

The crackling of the fire in the middle of what could only be described as a courtyard was burning brighter than ever, it lit up the night around it and beyond. The laughter and voices of those around them were outweighed by the sounds of the wide array of instruments that were playing. The smell of the food that Lemony would have inhaled if there weren't people there to judge her, it filled the air, being carried along the wind, the occasional smell of the fire would break up the different things that she could smell.

It was a lovely sight, Lemony was in awe of this new world she had discovered, well more like stumbled into. All because she collapsed on a field.

Her eyes watched the small figure bouncing and dancing around all those that seemed to be her age, all of them different and yet the same, Izabelle looked over to Lemony and waved her over.

Lemony stepped backwards a couple times, she shook her head.

Izabelle ran over to her new sister and grabbed her arm, she began to tug her back in the direction she came.

"Come on! Remember what Chiron said?" Izabelle said, her voice strained as she tugged on Lemony with all her might. "You don't want to look like a miserable shut in!"

Lemony rolled her eyes, a talent she got from her brother and father, and freed her arm. "Iz, I'm not a dancer or a party person for that matter. So being here is a big step for me, please don't force it."

Izabelle sighed, she released Lemony's arm. She nodded. "You owe me then." She raised her index finger towards Lemony and feigned seriousness.

Lemony nodded, "Of course." She said.

Izabelle smiled satisfied with the result, she turned back to the other young heroes and began to skip away.

Lemony smiled to herself and watched.

"You did good today." Allison's voice appeared in her left ear. "You would have made The Pack proud." The pride in her voice was evident.

Lemony sighed. "I don't think I would have won anyway, even without Erica's outburst but." Lemony shrugged. "I think I could have held Dexter off for longer."

She looked over at Allison, turning on the heel of her foot. Lemony was more than aware that to others it looked like she was talking to herself. But she didn't care, Allison was her friend and she missed her, even with her standing right there.

"Lem, it was your first real fight against someone like you." Allison consoled her.

Lemony shook her head and laughed. "He's not like me, he's super-superhuman."

Allison laughed for the first time in however long, Lemony couldn't remember the last time she saw the girl genuinely laugh.

Lemony started to walk backwards. "I'm going to go find a quiet spot, sit by myself for a little, all the festivities are going right through me."