12) Broken Home

Lemony and Malia made it to the school, it was a Sunday so there was no one there

Lemony and Malia made it to the school, it was a Sunday so there was no one there. Not that anyone really wanted to be there due to yesterday. Though the panic was over, there was an unnerving tension at the school.

They made it to the school sign, Malia flicks her hand and her claws appeared, she placed them in the correct spots and gave the dial a few twists. When Malia pulled away, the sign was moving to reveal the stairs into the vault.

As the two girls descended into the cold basement like room, Lemony felt a chill going along her spin, it made her whole body shiver. Trying to brush it off she kept going.

"What are we looking for then?" Lemony spoke, her voice echoed off the stone walls, she was picking up and looking at the different items on the shelves around them.

Malia shrugged. "Not sure, I know there's something missing but I just need to find it." Malia looked at the items Lemony was holding.

"Well there's lots of stuff here." Lemony gestured

Malia looked around and pointed. "Guess we should start with the safe." She suggested.

They made their way to safe, big, cold and heavy, an intricate pattern on the front of it. The two girls stood there, ready to open it.

"You gonna use your hearing to work out the-" Lemony started to suggest.

Malia however already had her hands on the safe pulling at the handle.

"-or brute force works." Lemony finished her sentence. "Works nicely actually."

Malia pulled off the handle with a bang, holding it in her hands proud of her work, looking at Lemony.

"Congratulations. Peter might kill you." Lemony laughed.

Malia rolled her eyes and opened the safe, they both peered in and saw a cream coloured folder with Malia's name on it, she picked it up and took a closer look.

Hearing footsteps the two girls turned around to reveal someone walking down the stairs into the safe. 'Satan in a V-Neck' Malia called him once. He reached the bottom step and looked from the two girls to the safe and back.

"I've got to buy a better safe." He exclaimed.

——

The two girls stood there facing the man. It was almost like a stand off. Wait for the first one to cave, Lemony knew Malia would quite happily fight her dad if it meant protecting her.

"I can't let you leave here with that." Peter gestured to the file in his daughters hand.

"Maybe you won't have a choice." Malia spat back, poised like a coiled spring ready to pounce.

"Is that right?" Peter questioned.

"I think I could take you." Malia smirked, almost like she was showing off to impress Lemony.