25) My True Happy

Stiles, Lemony and Malia ran into the sheriff station looking for their dad

Stiles, Lemony and Malia ran into the sheriff station looking for their dad. The three had just returned from Mexico, all of them exhausted. Noah saw them through the window and got up to meet them half way.

He pulled Stiles into the biggest hug, with on arm and Lemony in the other.

"Dad, you smell terrible." Stiles said.

"Yeah, you sorta feel it in your eyes." Lemony replied with a soft chuckle.

They heard Noah sigh or was it a laugh. "Yup. You both do too."

The three pulled back and smiled. Noah gestured to Malia to join them in their hug. "Hi Malia."

The four enjoyed in the moments off peace and tranquility. Everyone was safe and that was something they wanted a moment to embrace.

"I'm just so glad you're both safe." Noah said in the hug. "Hey, what do you say we get outta here, get something to eat?" He pulled away suggesting in a nice easy evening.

"Great. I'm starving." Stiles smiled fist pumping.

"Okay." Noah laughed, a hand on Lemony's and Malia's shoulder.

Stiles went to follow but was pulled back to the desk. Noah had handcuffed his son to the desk, walking away.

"Yo, Daddy?" Stiles asked trying to get Noah's attention.

Noah however just ignored his son. "What's your favorite food?" He asked Malia and Lemony.

"Uh, pizza." Malia said looking back at Stiles.

"Hey what about Lemony?" Stiles asked. "She went too."

Noah didn't look back. "She wouldn't have gone if you hadn't convinced her."

"Hey." Stiles said again, as the metal of the handcuffs clanged. "Dad?" Stiles said, Malia looked back at him as Noah pulled the two out of the room, leaving Stiles alone. "Bring me back a slice?" Lemony heard her brother shout, as the left the station.

———

Having returned to school the next day, Lemony was nervous that she'd be in trouble for bunking school to save her friends. She'd been out of the coma for a few months now and she was already very behind from the coma. Teachers are only so lenient.

Lemony made her way through the halls, she'd been off daydreaming, not focusing on what was going on around her or who was here around her. Lemony was so focused on her daydream that she didn't realise where she was walking, she had walked into a classroom.

"So you did it, you saved them." A voice came from a desk. "You didn't need me did you?"

Lemony looked up from the floor, recognising the voice but not looking back.

"Hello Artie." Lemony said but then decided to correct herself. "Or should I say, Artemis."

There was a sigh behind her. "So you know. How'd you find out?" She asked.