18) Half of a Heart

Stiles and Malia had found it

Stiles and Malia had found it. They had called her to let her know, they were just looking for a key. Lemony walked into the interrogation room. To see her dad pointing a gun at Peter Hale's face. Lydia was explaining that Noah had to let him go. Peter then began to walk to the doorway where Lemony stood.

"That's twice, Peter. There's not gonna be a third." Noah said, Peter just smirked and walked past Lemony.

"No. It's not finished!" Meredith began to scream trying to fight Parrish to stand up and follow Peter. "No, it's not finished! No! It's not... It's not finished!"

Lemony walked into the middle of the room Artie was following behind her. "Lydia it's Stiles. He's found something."

~~~

Lemony and Artie were following Lydia who was pacing around the station. She was on her phone, video calling Stiles and Malia at her lake house.

"You see it? There's got to be a way to turn it off, right?" Stiles was pointing the screen at the machine. The three girls were watching

"1970-something technology." Artie told Lydia, she was there trying to keep up with Lydia's wave of thought.

"I don't know. I don't know anything about computers from the 1970s." Lydia spoke hard and fast.

"Neither do we." Malia's head popped up beside Stiles, she made eye contact with Lemony who looked down at the floor.

"Okay, where's the monitor?" Lydia said her walking sped up.

Stiles, who was getting frustrated with repeating himself spoke again. "Lydia, there is no monitor. There are buttons, knobs, spindles, no monitor."

Artie managed to get a good look at the screen and the machine it was pointing at. "Look for a key, the 1970's were all about keys."

Stiles nearly drops the phone it spins around giving Lydia a quick glance at the floor. "Wait who's she?" He asks seeing Artie's face.

"Wait, turn the phone back. Point it at the carpet." Lydia spun on her heel again, walking the other way.

"The what?" Stiles asks, Malia looking in confusion.

"The floor! Just show me the floor." Lydia raised her voice. So Stiles followed her instruction. "Where's the stain? There should be red blotches, a wine stain."

"There's nothing." Stiles said turning the phone back to his face.

"That doesn't make sense." Lydia was mumbling now. "I gave the $500 I was supposed to use to hire cleaners to Brunski."