15) Fight Song

"Previously on Cannonball"

~~~

Raising both her arms, closing her eyes. Lemony leant backwards, her weight beginning to push her over the edge.

It was time.

"Lemony!" A voice screamed.

Lemony's eye opened one last time, Malia's beautiful face running towards her, trying to get to her in time.

But she was just a little too late. Malia's fingers brushed past Lemony's. Malia could do nothing but watch a girl, she thought she would very easily come to love, fall.

That was when time slowed to a stop.

~~~~

Lemony woke with a start, she was on a hospital bed

Lemony woke with a start, she was on a hospital bed. Her world black and white. Her eyes were black all over. She breathed a sigh of relief. 'I did it' she thought.

"You'd be wrong." A voice said. Lemony looked up to see Allison.

"What happened then?" Lemony asked, sitting up properly. "I don't remember."

"At the last second as you fell, it seems you jumped through The Window to this side. So you didn't see or feel anything." Allison explained. "So you didn't feel someone catch you."

"Who?" Lemony asked, sitting next to Allison.

"Peter Hale." Allison looked at the door.

"Why?" Lemony asked.

"Could be one of three things." Allison questioned. "He was there already and just caught you. He saved you so you can owe him a favour."

"Or?" Lemony asked.

"He sees how happy you make Malia and didn't want her heart broken, so caught you." Allison said. "It's Peter so we'll never know."