17) Hercules

Lemony woke with a start, this seems to be becoming a habit for her

Lemony woke with a start, this seems to be becoming a habit for her. She was tied to a tree, her hands were tied together. There were five men she had counted stood by one another, the all had weapons. Lemony had to think of an escape plan. She then felt the pain in her waist again, a small knife wound was left there. She couldn't quite figure out why she was still alive. Surely they'd just kill her.

"Maybe they're using you." Someone said. "To bring the others over." She looked to see Erica leaning against the tree.

"Well not to worry they're all preoccupied already." Lemony whispered. "Can't you do anything."

Erica crouched down, trying to grab the rope but her hand just went through. Erica shrugged. Lemony sighed.

"Can you go get help?" Lemony asked.

"I can try." Erica shrugged standing. "But no one can see me." She then began to walk away.

Lemony was sat alone ready to die. She never thought she'd grow so accustomed to the thought of dying. She kept her eye on the men. The ring on her finger began to buzz. That would be an idea but her hands are tied, even if she managed to activate the ring, how would she get out, the scythe isn't exactly the easiest thing to manipulate, especially when you can't use your hands properly, she'd probably cut her hand off.

A kick to her foot pulled her back to the real world. The men were all now stood in front of her, one had her phone pointed at her, it seemed to be recording.

"Looks like our little monster is awake." One man chuckled.

"You want to say goodbye to your parents? Friends?" Another said, he held what looked like a machete in his hands.

"Should have stayed at home sweetheart." The man with her phone said, putting the phone close to her face.

Lemony said nothing, just bit back the tears and prepared herself for the inevitable. No way she'd get out of this one, she's been lucky so far, but everyone's luck eventually runs out.

Okay I'm ready. She thought closing her eyes, drowning out the sound of their laughter.

She let the silence of the forest envelope her, she blocked out the laughter. She was so focused she nearly didn't hear it.

The releasing of an arrow from a bow.

Then a thud.

Lemony opened her eyes, the man holding her phone was on the floor a white arrow was protruding from his back, the four men turned around pointing their guns in the direction of the shooter. Lemony was looking around too.

Another arrow came out of nowhere hitting a second man, who landed next to the first.

"What are you waiting for?" One of the three remaining men shouted. "Go find that Robin Hood!" He pointed to the woods. The two hesitated but eventually ran.