Chapter 33 Lost in memories

The sunset once again bathing you and your friends with a loving warmth. Everything is perfect, smiles on either side of you, laughs can be heard after hearing a joke from Axel. Roxas holding your hand while telling you and the others about his mission. Xion sneaking a bite of your takoyaki like always, not that you mind at all. She was saying something to you that for some reason sounded muffled which was odd, she was about to put the takoyaki ball in her mouth when all of a sudden her whole body glitched. As if she was some sort of computer bug, frozen and skipping.

Okay now this was freaking you out a bit.

You went to reach out to her but when you touched her, she vanished along with everything around you being swallowed by darkness...

What is going on?

You blinked and oh you immediately wished you hadn't...cause all you see is Xion standing over you with her hood up and keyblade pointed at your throat. You knew it was Xion but for some reason she didn't feel like the Xion that you know and love.

"Xion...?" Your voice echoed in the darkness, your eyes glued to her empty ones.

Xion didn't say anything, lifting her keyblade and swung at you. You screamed, shielding your face with your hands.

                                     ~❤️~

You shot up from your bed, a gasp escaping your lips. You felt like you couldn't breath, your lungs desperately grasping for air. Your arms squeezing your cat plushie tightly against your chest, so hard that your knuckles turning white.

"What was that? A dream?" You slowed down your breathing so you wouldn't start hyperventilating and make it worse. You waited until you calmed down a bit.

"It was a dream. Only a dream." You breathed in and breathed out, feeling a little bit better. You let go of your blanket and looked at the palm of your hands where the keyholes still were embedded in.

You felt calm...but your hands were still trembling.

                                    ~❤️~

Sitting at your usual spot you watched the sun go across the sky, dying it different colors. Even though the weather was warm you kept your black coat close to your body. The new outfit you got yesterday during your date with Roxas was nice and fitting but you felt some sort of safe haven with this coat. Maybe it's because it belongs to Roxas.

You didn't see Roxas yet today so you wondered the town until he was finished with his mission. You felt restless ever since your VERY weird dream last night about Xion. You wanted to go back home to Destiny Islands and just sit on your usual paupu fruit tree, watching the day go by. The sound of the ocean crashing in small waves against the sand, seagulls squawking at the other like old married couples. The salty smell in the air filling your nostril senses. It would help. The dream really freaked you out because it felt so real...like Xion wasn't Xion and was actually going to kill you. Maybe you're just worrying too much that you're starting to have dreams about her having the most WORST possibilities of something happening to her.

Your mind began to wonder more about Xion. Not even realizing that you showed up back at the mansion, the barred gates stand tall towards any outsider who dares to enter. You looked up at the wide window, the white curtains fluttering.

"I wonder if Naminé is home." Maybe you wanted to come here to hear some salvation that your dream was ONLY a dream. That you were just imagining things and that nothing is wrong with Xion.

You entered the building and led yourself straight to Naminés white room. The dust in the mansion still tickling your nose, almost making it hard not to sneeze.