Chapter 25: Frustration

The mansion that has Sora, Donald, and Goofy laying dormant, stands before you. You started having second thoughts about going in there but you needed to.

You got here early in the morning since you didn't see Roxas and Xion until this afternoon. Axel was off on that long term mystery mission. You still can't shake the feeling that these so called missions aren't something you'd wanna know...you just hoped that it doesn't involve anything brutal like assassinations or stuff like that.

But anyway, that'll give you plenty of time to do this while both Roxas and Xion are out on their missions. So now you were on a mission of your own. Taking a deep breath...you stepped through the open gates to the mansion.

~❤️~

You remembered the way to that room that held your friends. Down the hall, into a library, do some sketchy password thing to open the secret door, then through two rooms until you finally find yourself standing before Sora's pod.

Just being here watching him sleep, completely cut off from the world, broke your heart. You couldn't talk to him and tell him that you're alright. But you can't even do that...well...not when Naminé stood behind you.

"You're back." She spoke in a gentle tone.

"Yeah." You turn around to face her, seeing that she's only a few feet away from you.

"I suppose you have questions you'd like to ask me?" She linked her hands together in front of her body.

"Yeah." You nodded.

Naminé smiled at you sweetly, and held her hand out to the room's exit.

"Follow me. I know a place that we can speak in private." She said as she headed out of the room. You hesitated at first not really trusting her. But you had no choice if you needed answers about why she needs Roxas to wake up Sora. You'll have to keep your guard up, just in case she pulls anything.

You took a step forward to follow her but paused to look over your shoulder at your 3 friends before departing.

                                     ~❤️~

You trailed after Naminé through the house to your destination. No words were spoken between the two of you (mostly because you didn't know what to say to each other) but you didn't mind. The silence gave you a chance to look around the house again. It still looked the same as it did before when you were first brought here. You then started to notice that you were now going to the opposite side of the hall. The rooms you passed had their doors opened a bit, just enough for you to peek at what's inside. Mostly all of them were filled with piles of broken furniture. You wrinkled your nose at how much dust was let loose one the rooms, you could easily see the dust bunnies on the floor and the surfaces of desks, dresser drawers, and shelves.

"How is Naminé able to live in a place like this? It doesn't seem like a suitable home for anybody." You glanced at the petite blondes' back. "But she surprisingly looks healthy..."

"We're here." Naminé spoke up, snapping you out of your mind.

You blinked at first and noticed that you were standing in front of a door the stood at the end of this hallway. Naminé turned the knob on the door and pushed it open, a bright light poured out almost blinding you. You squinted your eyes bit as you entered the room behind her. And you did NOT expect to see a room to look so out of place in this house.

The room was a decent size. Everything was white, all the way from the floor, the walls, and to the ceiling. There's one part of the room that almost replaces one of the walls. A floor to ceiling window stretched out, almost covering the wall with white translucent curtains that rippled a little bit. Looking through the large window, you could see the forest that surrounds the mansion and the town. In the center of the room was a semi-long white table with two chairs on both ends.