Chapter 26: What is love...?

"All by yourself today?" Darien the chef said at this mini food stand flipped your now finished up takoyaki balls and placed them in a miniature basket. You almost had to double take due to you watching your mouth watering food, which caused you to nearly tune out your only normal person friend here in Twilight town.

"Huh? Oh yeah. It's just me today again. Just like every other day." Shrugging your shoulders you bounced on the balls of your feet when you see the chef apply the sauces on top of the balls.

"And again. It's a shame. You should at least bring your spikey haired boyfriend with ya. Girls shouldn't be walking around this late in the afternoon." You rolled your eyes at old man Darien for his not surprising fatherly concerns for you.

"Spikey hair...?" That term didn't take long for Roxas to pop into mind. "Ah, oh no! He's not my boyfriend! He's just a good friend." Sad to say but it's true.

"Hmmm? I see. Well I was born at night but it wasn't last night. You can't fool ol' pops when you give that boy the oogly eyes." Darien's puffy beard tilted up a bit from his smirk.

Your cheeks heated up sadly, giving away your flustered and pouty face.

"So I was right."

"It's no big deal since it's only one sided." You could physically taste how sour that sentence was in your mouth. "It's complicated."

"Nothing complicated about telling him that you like him." Darien even though he has a big heart trying to help you with your 'love drama', you couldn't help but smile.

"If only he knew that Roxas now isn't familiar with anything that has to do with romance."

"Yes Darien, cause it's sooooo easy to just go out and tell him I love him." You giggled a bit with an eye roll.

"Hey now, don't give me sass young lady. I'll spit in your food and serve it to ya." He scrunched his nose. You held your tongue, mentally gagged at the thought of his loogies glazed on top of your takoyaki. He took your silence as a sign of surrender while plopping 5 dumplings in your paper basket. Wait, make that 6 since there was an extra one on top of them. "This one is on the house."

"Really?! Awesome!! Thank you!!" You cheered, picking up your pair of chopsticks from the utensil table in front of the stand. "Don't mind if I do!" You pinch the extra ball of takoyaki and opened wide.

A slap on the wrist caused you to drop your food back on your paper basket.

"I didn't say it that piece was for you." Dorian huffed with his arms crossed, receiving a glare from you. "Give it to your friend. To spice up the mood." He winked at you, your cheeks flushed along with your lower lip sticking out in a pout.

"No promises, old man." Rolling your eyes, you began to head off to your home. "I'll be back for more of your takoyaki!" You didn't look back but you still waved to him. You could hear him chuckle at your departure. And you didn't hesitate popping a takoyaki ball in your mouth and pushed the one for Roxas to the side.

You moaned at the exploding flavors of the meat and sauce dancing with your taste buds, the tooth pick being wiggled between your teeth. Swallowing it down you helped yourself with another, squealing at the taste.

"This is so good! I think I may need to ask Darian if he can teach me how to make these." You said to yourself out loud. "That would be the best!" You smiled dreamily and twirled, taking another piece to put it in your mouth—

{flashback}

"Give it to your friend. To spice up the mood."

{end of flashback}