Chapter II: 1114

My life has proven special. Memories of being torn apart by a wolf in the woods haunted my dreams every night. But yet here I was. Reborn in the world of abuse and sins. The rumors of vampires running through our kingdom. I was a Duchess in this lifetime. Born to be betrothed to a Duke. Life still proving to be a reason to pleasure the male species. We were currently hosting guests in our part of the castle, the Mikaelson's I believe they were named. The Duke had refused my meeting with them, saying they were suspicious and untrustworthy.

But being told what to do was never something I had followed. So here I was, roaming the castle late in the evening. I knew we had warriors staying with us as well and wanted to avoid them the best I could. But what I did find threw me. My stomach dropping at the site in front of me. A man stood in the room, a woman crying. Blood everywhere. Five body's askew in different places. One was even pinned to the wall with a sword. A small gasp leaving my lips as I noticed the man standing there covered in blood. He snapped his head towards the door. Blue eyes meeting my dark brown ones. I thought he would come at me, but he didn't. He only stared, looking at me like I was a ghost.

I didn't waste a second, turning and running out of there, leaving the man behind and praying he would not come for me

I didn't waste a second, turning and running out of there, leaving the man behind and praying he would not come for me. I prayed the woman who was crying was okay and I was leaving her to her death as well. Reaching a different hallway, I took a deep breath, realizing I was not followed. Leaning against the stone wall and heaving a breath the best I could with a corset on.

"Francesca?" I jumped about five feet into the air, I'm sure. Snapping my eyes to where the voice came from, I noticed George, the duke I was married to. "Are you alright? You look as if you've seen a ghost or something." He spoke so calmly. He was a decent husband. Never raised a hand to me, forced himself on me. Although he did order me around. "I thought you were told to stay away from this area of the castle?" He questioned as he glanced around, noticing where we had ran into each other. I clasped my hands together near my waist and smiled at him, once I had calmed my breathing.

 I clasped my hands together near my waist and smiled at him, once I had calmed my breathing

"I'm sorry, George, I couldn't resist a stroll tonight. You know how my curiosity gets to me." I tried to reason my way out of his disappointment. George smiled at me, nodding.

"I understand, but please, head back to our section. I don't want anything to happen to you." He whispered, reaching up and stroking my cheek gently. I couldn't control the chill that ran through me. I didn't like the touch of a man, but it was different with George. Something about him always made me uncomfortable. Like he was a low life behind closed doors. I heard rumors from a few handmaidens that George was very handsy with a few of his maids that would turn down his room. I hadn't seen that side of him yet though, and hopefully I wouldn't.

"Alright, I'll head to bed. Will I be seeing you soon?" I asked, stepping back slightly. George smiled, nodding.

"I'll be there shortly." I nodded, walking away swiftly. Walking around the castle longer than I had told him I would. I wasn't ready for bed yet. The feeling of needing more filling me. Like I was meant for something tonight. Fate was singing to me to stay awake just a bit longer. But I had no idea why. Why was I walking the castle so late at night. The man covered in blood was floating through my head. He had looked familiar, like he was in a past life. The way he had frozen when he had seen me, like he had recognized me as well.

I walked the halls until I heard some movement, muffled voices. I peeked into the room that appeared to be the Maids quarters. George had a maid pressed to the wall, his hand roaming her as his other hand held her head to his neck. I rushed to her, shoving George away from her roughly. I paid little attention to him as he fell to the ground, dead with blood pouring out of his neck. The woman that I thought to be in trouble from my husband was staring at me with a deadly look. Blood coming from her mouth, grey veins moving under her eyes that were red and black. A smirk stretching across her face.

"Well hello there, Duchess." My breath came out frantic as I moved to run. But before I could move, she had grabbed me, latching onto my neck as I tried to fight her off of me. She was drinking from me. The feeling of my life source leaving me. All I could think about was the fact that Vampires were real though. The last thing I heard was a man running in, ripping her from me and dropping me to the ground. The man, I saw his eyes, brown warm eyes. He was beautiful. Just like the man with the blue eyes. With that, I died.

 With that, I died