Chapter XXXI: 2011 Whore

"YOU BOUGHT ME A BAKERY?!" I screamed as I walked into the Mikaelson Manor. Within seconds Niklaus came into view, his eyes wide at my outburst.

"There is no need to scream, love." Nik said with a slight smile. "A simple thank you will do." I could hear a gasp and ooohs in another room, someone was listening. They always were. I marched up to Niklaus and slapped him across the face as hard as I could. His face going to the side in shock.

"You seriously try to buy me off? After calling me a whore?!" I shouted at him. He brought his face back to look at me, realization crossing his face.

"I didn't mean for it to be like that-" He tried but I lifted my hand to slap him again, which he caught this time. "Stop hitting me!" He said, releasing my hand.

"Then stop making me want to." I said through gritted teeth. I pulled the envelope with the deed and key to the bakery he bought me, throwing it at him. "You can't buy forgiveness, Niklaus. I'm not your little whore to pay off."

"I wasn't trying to buy you off!"

"Then what?! What was your master plan, Niklaus?? Tell me it wasn't for me to happily take a whole damn building and then kiss you in thanks." I told him, waiting for him to say something. I watched as he tried to think of what to say. I let out a scoff, turning away from him and walking away. "I can't believe you, Niklaus. Do you actually believe I am a hooker? A whore?" I asked, my voice a bit small. I turned to look at him, looking in his eyes for anything. He held pain in his eyes.

"Frankie.. You are not a whore. I'm such an idiot. You just make me so-" He ran his hands into his hair, growling as he did. "I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to you." He said walking towards me. I backed up until my back hit the front door, Niklaus standing in front of me. "How am I supposed to get your forgiveness?" He asked, looking down at me. My breath caught in my throat as he stood so close that I could feel the tingles of the bond.

"Nik-" I tried, but my brain was foggy. Nik must have noticed, as he stared down at me, clenching his jaw as he stepped away from me. I took a deep breath as my body relaxed. Leaning against the door as I closed my eyes for a moment.

"I'm sorry- I didn't mean to make the bond- I didn't think it would-" I nodded at him, understanding as I opened my eyes to him.

"It's okay. You didn't know." I told him as I stood up better.

"Just- Tell me what to do." Niklaus told me, his eyes holding so much pain as he stared at me. I shook my head, biting the inside of my cheek to hold it together.

"I can't, Nik. This is something you need to figure out." I told him, walking closer to him, my hand touching his cheek gently. The tingles running through both of us. "Alone." I added. He leaned into my hand, closing his eyes as he did. I pulled back slowly. "I should go." I whispered, stepping back from Nik. His eyes snapping open as I did. "Good-bye Nik." I said, walking out the front door, passing Elijah as I did. Getting into my truck and heading back to the Bennett house.