Chapter XXIV: 2011 Chinese Frustrations

"Ready, Kol?" I questioned as I came down the stairs to see him waiting. He grinned when he saw me. Flashing towards the bottom of the stairs and grabbing my hand as I walked down.

"You look gorgeous, Darlin'." Kol said as I stepped down next to him, he pressed a small kiss to my cheek as he helped me with my jacket. "Let's go before someone decides to tag along." He muttered. Apparently there was talk of one of them coming with us since Nik shared a date with Henrik. The jealousy in the brothers was kind of amusing.

"So where are we going?" I asked as we got into the car.

"I was thinking Chinese." Kol smiled. "Theres this place called Wong's Halo up the road." I nodded as we took off. It really was right up the road. This short Korean looking man was running the host stand, an earbud in listening to what seemed to be Beyoncé, which Kol was confused by since he could hear it.

"Two?" The man asked as he grabbed two menus. Kol nodded, grabbing my hand as we followed the man to a small booth in the corner. He winked at us as he left. What an odd man.

"I've never been to a restaurant with chopsticks." Kol said excitedly as he picked up the pack of chopsticks.

"Careful, Kol. They break easil-" I tried but when he broke them apart they just completely broke. Kol huffed at the broken wood in his hands. I smiled at his child like sadness before handing him my pack. "Careful this time." I instructed as he grinned taking them and being more careful this time. "Now rub them together." He did so and grinned when they were ready to be used. "God, this is going to be an experience." I muttered, shaking my head with a laugh. I got another thing of chopsticks from the server as he came to take our order.

"I'll get the teriyaki shrimp-" Kol started but I jumped in.

"Kol, I'm allergic to shellfish." I informed him, he looked confused for a moment. "If you plan on kissing me tonight, no shellfish." I added with a small blush. His eyes widened as he nodded.

"Then I'll get the ginger garlic chicken with white rice." Kol changed his order. The server held back a laugh by smiling at us and nodding.

"And for the lady?" He asked, Kol narrowing his eyes slightly at the server

"Can I get the Dragon chicken with a side of Chicken soup- with the ginger and mushrooms. Please." I added with a small smile. He nodded and walked off.

"Was he flirting with you?" Kol asked as he glared at the server

"Was he flirting with you?" Kol asked as he glared at the server. I looked at him and shook my head.

"Don't be that guy, Kol."  I scolded him, which made him snap his eyes to me looking innocent.

"What do you mean?" He asked sounding somewhat offended.

"The guy who thinks every guy is flirting with their date. Even though they are just doing their job." I sighed. Kol pouted at me, making me smile at him.

"I'm not THAT guy." He huffed.

"Mhmm." I hummed, this only caused him to growl lowly towards me. I snapped my gaze to him to see Kol staring at me intently. "Are you seriously, growling at me?" I asked, bewildered.

"Me?" He asked, pointing to himself. "Never!" He smiled. I rolled my eyes shaking my head at him. The serve placed out food on the table along with fresh cokes. Kol grabbed his chopsticks in excitement, ready to dig into his chicken. I sat back and waited a moment, watching him try to get a hang of holding the chopsticks.

"You okay?" I asked with a slight smile on my lips as I picked up my own chopsticks. Kol ignored me, huffing as he adjusted the chopsticks in his hand again. "Let me help you-" I said, grabbing his hand and placing them in his hand correctly, folding his thumb into place. "There!" I said with a grin. I repicked my chopsticks up, and started to pick up my chicken and started to eat. I looked back up to see Kol huffing as he tried again to pick his chicken up only for it to jump out of the chopsticks on its own.

"This is impossible!" Kol growled, throwing his utensils down in frustration. I picked up a piece of my chicken and brought it to his lips. Kol looked up and grinned at me, taking the chicken into his mouth and chewing. His eyes got wide as he swallowed the chicken and took a drink of his soda. "That's spicy!" He said in his rush. I laughed at him.

"Hence the Dragon part." I told him. He pouted at me. "Don't pout, Kol. Your face will freeze like that." His eyes widen and dropped the pout quickly.

"I can't eat." He huffed.

"Use a fork." I told him, pointing to the fork that was off to the side. Kol glared at the fork.

"That defeats the purpose of coming here though!"

"We came to a Chinese restaurant so you could use chopsticks?" I questioned, my eyebrow raised.

"No...maybe..." Kol said. I laughed at him.

"Use the fork and we can go to the candy store down the strip." I bargained with him. Kol's eyes widen as he grabs the fork quickly. We both ate, little chatter here and there. Mostly of what Kol wanted to try at the candy shop. I had to admit, the food was delicious and I was so happy I didn't have to try any of their desserts since we were going to a candy shop instead. Kol paid for our food before we got up and walked a few buildings down. Continuing our date.