Chapter XIV: 2010 Another One Bites the Dust

"So you couldn't find it?" I asked Elijah. He shook his head.

"I looked at the sandwich shop you took me too and I stopped by the bakery. Harry said he hadn't seen it." Nik raised an eyebrow at me.

"Harry?" I could almost feel the jealousy bouncing off of him.

"Harry is Paul's son. I work with him." I explained rolling my eyes. Elijah chuckled a bit at the jealousy his brother was radiating, earning a glare and a low growl in return.

"So if your theory is true, what is the next way you died?" Nik asked, his blue eyes staring at me, almost like he was staring into my soul or something. I looked away from him, picking at my hands.

"Umm.. a vampire ripped my throat out. 1114. Elijah was there." I mutter. Elijah sighs at the mental image of the past embedded into his mind.

"So we're waiting for a vampire to appear and kill you? But how can that happen if we are in your apartment? You've only invited us in, right?" Elijah asked. I looked up to meet his stare, nodding .

"And I haven't had anyone up here other than Harry when he walked me home after work one day." I explained, still picking at my fingers.

"Did you need to invite him in?" Nik questioned, his eyes hard. I shook my head.

"He only came up to use the restroom, but I didn't need to verbally invite him in.."

"So what? Elijah or I will try to kill you? That seems very unlikely, love." I looked up at Nik as he grabbed my hand, stopping my picking at my nails.  A knock on the door pulled all of our attentions. I stood up to go look at the door, but Nik grabbed my hand again. "You're not seriously going to answer that, are you?" He asked like it was the stupidest decision in my life.

"It could be something other than my past, Nik." I told him, raising my eyebrows at him as I pulled my hand from him. I walked over to the door, Elijah jumped up to stand in front of me opening the door before i could.

"Who are you?" I heard a woman ask. Rolling my eyes, I shoved Elijah out of the way.

"Sherry? What are you doing here?" I asked as I stood in front of the door.

"Harry couldn't get a hold of you, Paul needs you to close up tonight."

"Why can't you?"

"Cause I just clocked out. I've got to go see the parents. So it's on you." She sighed. Sherry was snobby girl. Not the type to become friends with.

"And Harry?"

"He's got plans." I sighed.

"Fine, let me just grab my coat." I told her. Nik jumped up as I grabbed my coat.

"What do you think you're doing??' He demanded.

"I'm going to work, Nik. What do you mean?" I said in a short tone, pulling my coat on and grabbing my keys.

"Your past is trying to wipe you from existence, but by all means!! Go to work!" Nik exclaimed. I sent him a harsh glare.
"If you are so concerned, then you are more than welcomed to come with me." I snapped at him. I have no idea why, but Niklaus Mikaelson just boiled my blood. Treating me like I was his and had no choice in anything I did. He growled at me. "Are you going to attack me, Niklaus?" I asked him, my face holding a complete stoic expression. Hurt spread in his eyes.

"I wouldn't-"

"Just, let's go." I interrupted him. Elijah came over to take my keys from me as we all walked out of the apartment, Elijah locking up for me. Sherry was already gone. I knew she wouldn't just wait around. Nik walked close to me as Elijah grabbed my hand. The walk to the bakery was silent, Elijah holding my hand and Nik walking impossibly close.

Walking into the bakery was odd. Harry wasn't there. No one was. The door wasn't even locked.

"Harry?" I asked as I walked around the counter to the back door. Nik and Elijah stayed back since I told them Employees only. I could hear the growl from Nik as I went into the back room. "Harry?" I repeated. A woman walked out from behind one of the shelves, a smile on her face.

"Well hello there, Duchess." She looked familiar.. Before I could even think about it, she lunged at me. Before she could reach me though, Nik was standing in front of me, his hand through her chest with her heart in his hand. It was like I had forgotten how to breath just now. Elijah came over to me, grabbing my arms and checking me over as Nik dropped the woman.

"Are you okay? Did she hurt you?" Elijah asked, his hand grabbing my chin to look at my neck.

"I'm fine!" I snapped, pushing his hand away. I looked at the woman on the floor, already fading away. Letting out a deep breath through my nose as I thought about the situation I was in.

"What is it, Frankie?" Nik asked. I ran my hand through my hair as I stared at the pile of ash. I shoved Elijah out of my way as I ran into the bathroom, my stomach emptying itself into the small toilet. I felt a hand pulling my hair back as their other hand rubbed my back. "Frankie?" Nik whispered.

"How did you die next?" Elijah asked from the sink. I took a piece of toilet paper, wiping my chin before sitting on the floor by the toilet.

"I was raped." I whispered. Nik's jaw clenched as Elijah flexed his hands.