Chapter XXII: 2011 Things will be Different

3RD POV-

A week has gone by since the incident in the Bakery. Elijah and Kol were currently in Frankie's old apartment, packing it up.

"Someone should have been there." Kol growled out. "If someone was there with her...she would have been-"

"We could never have expected Harry to turn on her, Kol." Elijah interrupted, taping up a box of Frankie's clothes. "Besides, she had asked to have a day without us..." Elijah tried.

"It shouldn't have mattered!" Kol shouted, shoving a box away from him and causing it to topple over and things to pour out of it. "I should have been there." He muttered, running his hands into his hair. "She should never had to kill someone. She should have never been hurt and she should have-"

"Kol. Calm yourself, please." Elijah muttered, looking at a book he had found in her nightstand. A journal of sorts, but a photo fell out of it pulling his attention. Frankie and a man was in the picture. He looked a lot like her, maybe her father? They looked so happy. Frankie had a glow to her.

"I'm going to go grab some more boxes." Kol mumbled, standing up and walking out of the bedroom.

-

"Well everything is packed up and in the movers truck on it's way to Mystic Falls." Kol announced as he walked into Elijah's apartment, making his way to the couch. "Darlin', you ready to go back to your old home town?"

"As long as no one else is going to try and kill me.." Frankie laughed. Nik was the first one to get to the Bakery, healing her as soon as he saw her on the floor leaning against the counter. Nik and Finn haven't left her side for the whole week since the incident. Rebekah had gone to Mystic Falls early to set up the new home. Henrik was in charge of the moving truck. He learned to drive it not long ago, since they had been planning to move to Mystic Falls for a while now.

"We won't let anyone within ten feet of you from now on." Nik growled, not finding Frankie's joke at all amusing. She sighed.

"Dear god this is going to be like prison, isn't it?" Finn chuckled at Frankie's realization, not even denying it.

-

Frankie's POV-

It was a long drive to Mystic Falls. Elijah ended up driving my truck back for me since Nik and Kol refused to leave my side and Nik had his own car. Finn was with Henrik, making sure he didn't get lost following the others.

"Is there anything you want to do when we get to Mystic Falls, love?" Nik asked as he drove. I was looking out the window, watching the scenery pass us.

"She will probably open a Bakery, won't you Darlin'? Any town would be lucky to have your baked goods in a close proximity." Kol said with a smirk towards me. I had decided on sitting in the backseat and forced Kol to sit up front so I could enjoy some space from the overbearing vampires. They refuse to leave my side since the bakery incident. I enjoyed it at first, but now, near the end of the week, I was ready to jump off a cliff to get some privacy.

"Yeah- a Bakery would be nice.." I agreed, looking up at Kol. A small smile spreading on my lips at the idea of having my own bakery.

"I don't know, love... Too many knives." Nik complained, trying to get me to disagree with the bakery idea.

"Nik, I can't be afraid of a knife. Baking is what I love."

"Then you can bake for us!" He tried again. I shook my head as Kol reached over and smacked Nik in the back of the head. "Hey!!" Nik complained, glaring at Kol before looking back at the road. "Fine! But someone needs to be with you- all the time." He reasoned. I sighed at him, leaning my head back into the seat in exaggeration.

"Nik-" He looked up into the rear view mirror at me, an intense stare down. I huffed, crossing my arms. "Fine." I agreed.

"I just don't want you getting hurt again, Frankie.." Nik told me, his eyes softening at the look of being unhappy crossed me.

"I know, Nik.. I just- I wish things could be different." I told him honestly.

"Like you didn't meet us?" He asked, I could hear the heart break in his voice.

"No- I am happy I meet you guys. I just wish I didn't have an apparent death wish." I explained. Reaching out and squeezing his shoulder. He nodded.

"I know. Things will be different, I promise." I offered him a smile as we passed the sign that welcomes us into Mystic Falls. "Welcome Home, love."