Chapter XVIII: 2010 Close Calls and Mystery Guests

"Frankie??" I hummed in response. My eyes remaining close as someone pets my hair. "Love, we think we have a way to make you better." It'd been a few days and I hadn't left the bed since I helped Rebekah make the pie. Only Bekah went into the kitchen, although I don't think it really mattered too much. My body felt like it was tied down with bricks and anvils. Someone was always with me too. I slept most of the time, but I remember vaguely someone making sure I ate some soup or helped my drink some tea.

I went to speak, but my mouth wouldn't open, to tired.

"Come on, Frankie." I tried to open my eyes, but couldn't. I could feel my body trying to give up. I just wanted to sleep. "Frankie?" Nik whispered. I could feel him leaning closer, checking my pulse on my neck. "Damn it." He whispered. Why did he say that? What's going on? "Elijah!"

"What is it, Niklaus?" Elijah paused as something was going on before I felt a breeze. "Frankie? Can you hear me?" I felt his hand on my cheek. I tried to push a sound out, making some broken up whimper come out. "We need to hurry."

"Are we even sure it'll work? What if it doesn't??" Nik questioned, I could hear the panic in his voice.

"It'll work, Niklaus." Elijah said calmly. "It has too."

-

"Frankie?" There was a new voice. Did I know this voice? "Francesca?" I inwardly cringed at my name being said. It was so strange, my body felt better. I was sore anymore. My thoughts ran to how the Mikaelson's had to of found a way to make me better. Unless there is a cure for the Black Death now that I didn't know about.

"Come on, sweetheart. Wake up for me. Let me see those beautiful eyes of yours." I felt a hand brush my face, stroking my cheek softly. Tingles warming my face at his touch. He wasn't familiar though. This caused my heart to speed up, my eyes snapping open as I tried to move away from the mystery man. "Hey- Shh It's okay, Frankie- Nik!!" He shouted and within seconds Nik came in running to my side. The man getting away from me to calm me down some.

"Shh Frankie, it's okay, love." Nik whispered, pulling me to him as I tried to move away from the man. Shoving my face into Nik's chest as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Ni-nik?" My voice was raspy and broken from not using it much. Nik kept shushing me, trying to calm my racing heart. His hand rubbing my back soothingly.

"Why did you come in here?? She doesn't know you!!" Nik snapped at the man. "I told you to wait for us to explain everything to her. But you just had to come in here and scare her!"

"I'm sorry!! I didn't know she'd freak out like this!" He exclaimed back. I turned to look at him, confusion in my eyes but hurt in his blue eyes. He was an extremely attractive man, but I most definitely did not know him.

"Frankie- I want you to meet my brother... Henrik Mikaelson."

Jeremy Irvine as Henrik Mikaelson