Chapter XXI: 2011

A month went by since Nik and I were intimate together. Apparently vampires can smell when you've been when someone, cause as soon as I saw the others... Let's just say they were jealous. Elijah actually walked right up to me and kissed me very hard. Like he was marking me as his with his lips alone. Henrik was very confused until Nik bragged a bit. That made him upset he was sent home instead.

Now it was a new year, a snowy chilly day in St. Louis. I was currently at the bakery, working. Well, Harry claims working isn't what I do since I actually enjoy what I do.

I was currently in the kitchen, baking fresh tarts and mini pies. The Mikaelson's were working on finding a way to bring Elena Gilbert back to life after the ritual. Something about how I watched her grow up and Nik didn't want to take away someone I was close to. Even though I told him I wasn't close to her.

"How's the tarts coming along?" Harry asked as he peeked into the kitchen

"They'll be ready in just a moment. Is someone asking for them?" He shook his head.

"Just checking in on you. It's weird that your man, or men should I say, isn't here today. Seems someone's been here for you everyday." Harry mentioned, walking into the kitchen.

"Shouldn't you be manning the register?" I questioned. He shook his head.

"No, I locked up." I snapped my gaze up to him, confused.

"Harry..What do you mean you locked up?" I asked, placing the pie icing onto the counter and stepping back some. Harry shook his head, his eyes hardening.

"You know, when I took your necklace I really thought that you would have been dead by now.." Harry muttered, grabbing a chef knife off the counter that I was using to slice the fruit for the tarts.

"You took my necklace?" I questioned. My stomach dropping as he put his finger to the tip of the knife and twirling it some as he looked at it.

"I really thought you would have noticed..Who else has been in your apartment..? Are you secretly a whore?" I cringed at the word as he looked up at me, stepping closer. "Tell me, Francesca.. Why would you of all people get five originals mated to you? What makes you soo special?" My breath caught in my throat as he stepped closer to me, the knife dragging along the counter.

"I-I don't know what-"

"Don't lie to me, Francesca. My family has been trying make sure of your death since the 1400s... Although back then, you seemed to have made it easy. But now.. You're what? 21? 22? You shouldn't be here.." He spoke as he stepped towards me. I kept backing up as I was stopped by the counter.

"What- What do you mean Harry?? Why have your family been after me? Why- what did I do to you?" I stammered as I try to feel the counter for something to protect myself with. All those lives and I never took self defense.

"Not what you did to us. We were sent for you.." He smirked as he stood right in front of me. The knife lifting from the counter and touching my cheek as I leaned back as much as I could. I grabbed a long wooden skewer that I had thrown to the side for when I made cake pops last week.

"Who sent you?" I asked, gripping the skewer tightly. Harry shook his head, dragging the knife along my cheek, pulling a small amount of blood from me.

"A witch who wants to undo the Mikaelson's." He told me, watching the knife point intently.

"You don't have to do this, Harry. This was your family's bidding. Not yours.." I tried to reason with him.

"Hmm you see that would be true. But The deal with the witch extends to me as well. A promise of immortality. Paul won't be able to do this, so I will have to before he croaks." Harry dragged the knife down my cheek lifting it to hover near my throat. Right before he moved to slice me, I pull the skewer out and jab it into his eye. The knife slicing my throat slightly. I pressed my hand to my throat as I move to run from him. "YOU BITCH!" I heard him scream. I ran to my bag, trying to get to my phone to call for anyone. I gasped as a knife went into my back, hitting right below my ribs. "Die Bitch." I gasped as he shoved the knife more into me, the point just breaking through the front.

"No- You." I breathed out as I reach around and shove the skewer further into his eye causing it to hit his brain. I yanked it out quickly as he screamed out, the knife being pulled from my back as he dropped to the floor as blood pooled out of his eye. I was thankful I knew basic medical things like the fact that his brain was swelling from the wound I inflicted. I gasped out as I slid to the floor. Blood streaming out of my back as I pull my purse off the counter. Trying to focus enough to pull my phone out. I hit the screen a few times, spreading blood onto it. The ringing told me it worked though.

"Hello Darlin', we were just talking about you." I heard Kol's voice echo out of the small phone.

"K-Kol.." I breathed, trying to choke out some words.

"Frankie?!?? Why are you out of breath? What's wrong?" I heard some ruffling on the other end, probably with his siblings.

"Bakery... Ha-harry dead.." My breath started to come out in short gasps.

"Frankie?!?" I heard Nik yell into the phone.

"Please.." Then the world around me went dark. The last thing I heard was my soulmates yelling into the phone.