Chapter XXVIII: 2011 Boom Baby

A few more weeks have gone by. The ball happened in the beginning of February and it was now the middle of March. None of the Mikaelson's have tried to come to me, or at least if they did, none of them knocked. I was currently dropping off a new batch of tarts and fresh pasta to the elderly woman who lived next door.

"Thank you so much, dear. You have been taking such good care of me. How's your father doing?" I keep telling her he's dead, but I think she has dementia or something. She can't remember things like that. But yet she remembers I bring her food here and there.

"He's doing great, Ms. Yanzty. He sends his best wishes." I told her with a smile. She smiled back and nodded and with that I headed back to my house. This was routinely thing. I would drop off fresh food to her three times a week, making sure she knew someone cared. Someone should always know that someone cares for them.

Kol hadn't stopped calling me. He tried new ways to get me to call him back often. The newest was that he missed my desserts. At that call, I had Stefan come by to pick up some danishes I had made, making him take them to Kol specifically. A call came right after that. Kol complaining that he meant for me to come by, not the hero hair Salvatore. But either way, he was grateful.

As I walked into the house, something felt off. The back door was unlocked. I know I locked it. Walking towards it, I reach down and twisted the lock. And that was the last thing I remembered as a Big Bang sounded throughout the house. Glass shattering.

-

3RD POV-

Nik walked into the library, spotting his mother standing there with a box as she was putting a shiny rainbow looking stone into it.

"That's Frankie's necklace... Where did you get it?" Nik asked as Esther turned towards him, her hand over her beating heart.

"Oh! Niklaus, you scared me!" She exclaimed in shock.

"Where did you get the Scale Stone, mother?" Nik repeated, adding a tiny growl under his tone.

"I found it. Thought I could use it in a spell or something." She explained, but Nik could hear her heart beat quicken at her lie.

"Frankie was right.." Nik trailed off.

"Speak up, Niklaus. I taught you better than to mumble." Esther lectured him, closing the box she held.

"Frankie was right all along, wasn't she?" He questioned. Esther turned to look at him again, a short motherly glare pointed towards him.

"Of course she was. Why ever would she make that up? She's pretty, but definitely not that smart to make up fairytales." Esther admitted. Nik let out a low growl at the insult at his mate.

"Don't speak about her like that." He growled out. Esther let out a laugh.

"You care now? Weren't you the one who pushed her away? Doubted their own soulmate? Now look what you've done, made my job easier." Esther smiled at her bastard of a son. Anger bubbled up in Nik.

"Why are you doing this?" Nik growled out. Esther rolled her eyes at her son.

"Isn't it obvious? With your soulmate in your lives, you are stronger. Remove her. I can remove you. I already have my plan in action." Nik's eyes widen as he went to attack her. She lifted her hand to stop him. "Kill me, or you can go save you're little Whore. Your choice." Nik stared at her, his stomach dropping at the thought that something was wrong with Frankie.

"What did you do?" Elijah asked as he stepped into the library, overhearing the whole conversation. Esther looked to her older son, frowning. She wasn't expecting her other son to be there.

"What.Did.You.Do?!?" Nik repeated Elijah, snarling at her now that he had backup. Esther smiled at them, knowing she had lost her chances of surviving this as Kol and Finn also came into the room. Henrik and Rebekah were the only ones not here.

"It's too late.. You won't be able to save her this time... There's always next century." Finn flashed towards her, grabbing Esther by her neck and lifting her up.

"WHAT DID YOU DO!?" He growled out. His teeth extended and eyes dark. The threat looming over his mates life causing the beast within him to emerge.

"Boom." Esther choked out, smiling as Finn froze. Elijah and Kol both vamped out of the manor, moving as quick as they could, leaving their brothers to deal with their terror of a mother. When they got to Frankie's house, a loud boom echoed through the air, people were leaving their houses to try and see what had happened. The windows of Frankie's house had shattered at the explosion, fire coming out of the exits of the house in angry waves. Kol's heart dropped at the look of the house. His mind on Frankie as he rushed past Elijah and into the house. Looking for Frankie everywhere. The fact that he could enter the house didn't even enter his mind. He searched everywhere until his eyes landed on a body, a beam on it as flames came around them.

"Frankie?!?" Kol shouted out, trying to get her to acknowledge him being there. He wasted no time in shoving the beam off of her, picking her up and holding her close to him as he vamped out of the house. Fire licking at his back as he was on fire, but Elijah was quick in throwing his suit jacket on him, snuffling out the flames. "She's not breathing." Kol breathed, leaning down to listen for her heartbeat. His own undead heart beating rather loudly from the fear of loosing her. Kol bit his wrist, being stopped by Elijah.

"She needs cpr. Vampire blood can't bring back the dead." He told him. Kol nodded, glancing around.

"You!" He pointed at the officer who had just arrived, one of the ones he did not know. "She needs mouth to mouth, do it." He demanded. The officer nodded, running over and kneeling over Frankie. He pinched her nose as he tilted her head back, opening her mouth gently and leaned down, blowing into her lungs a few times before pulling back and starting compressions.

It took five minutes for cpr to show any signs of working. Frankie gasping as he pulled back for the eighth time. Coughing aggressively as she tried to sit up. Kol bit into his wrist, holding it to her lips, bringing her to lean into his chest as she drank from. Panting as he glanced to Elijah. Both of them showing just how relieved they were that Frankie was breathing and was safe in their arms again.