Chapter 8: The Journey to Man-eating Mountain

I laid him on the bed once more, he was soundly sleeping without any care, I slept at the chair.

The next morning he woke up at 5 as usual, he was wondering what happened last night. He saw Wei Ying on the chair, his heart felt a tingle. He then turned around and took the blanket to cover him. Just as he was covering him, Wei Ying took his wrist, "Don't go" Lan Wangji understood, he was having a nightmare, he shook off his hand and placed the guqin at the table. He then played the same song he played at Xuanwu Cave.

Wei Ying was awake all the time he just wants to see how would he react. When Lan Zhan shook off his hand, he felt emptiness, but then he heard the song. He smiled and called out his name. Lan Zhan stopped playing the song for a few seconds, but he played it again after. He then stopped, kept his guqin with a wave of his hands. He ordered breakfast for Sizhui and JingYi. Then Wei Ying came down after he had ordered, he was yawning. 

Wei Ying, "Morning Lan Zhan."
Lan Zhan, "Mnn"
Wei Ying, "Do you remember what happened last night?"
Lan Zhan froze, "What did I do when I was drunk?"
Wei Ying, "You just said some things, like... wo xihuan"
Lan Zhan's heart skipped a beat.
Wei Ying, "I like rabbits. Hahahahah Lan Zhan you've finally admitted it."
Lan Zhan sighed a breath of relief in his mind.

Sizhui and JingYi went out, they were delighted to see food in the table, JingYi immediately sat down, Lan Zhan and Wei Ying sat across each other, everyone looks calm eating but Lan ZHan, Lan Sizhui and Wei Ying has a lot on their minds, only JingYi was relaxed.

Sizhui POV:

Why do I feel a sense of deja vu, I always sat and ate with Master, but this time Young Master Mo is here, it's just like reminding me of a certain person I forgotten. Sizhui showed a worried expression unintentionally, Lan Zhan noticed it.

Lan Zhan, "Sizhui, what's on your mind?"
Sizhui, "Nothing Master" he answered with a smile.
Lan Zhan, "You don't need to speak it out if you don't want to."
Sizhui, "Thank you master."

Wei Ying on the other hand kept his head low, he noticed how Lan Zhan was caring for Sizhui, even noticing his expression, he felt a sharp thing pierce through his heart.

They finished the meal and set out, they were out in the streets when a beggar begged them for money.

Beggar, "Young Lord, please give this beggar something to eat, I've been starving for 3 days, Young Lord, I beg you." with that the beggar passed out.
Wei Ying smirked, "If you want to trick someone, trick others, do you think I'd fall for that? Mr. Beggar you should go and make money you're still young, you could surely work."
Lan Zhan placed 2 copper coins in his hands and walked away.

Wei Ying, "Eh, Lan Zhan, you clearly know he was just pretending to pass out, why did you have to give him money?"
Lan Zhan, "Will the owner accept him with how he looks?"

Just then someone in the streets, "Yilling Laozu's pictures 5 silvers for 3. Get rid of evil by Yilling Laozu's images 5 silvers for 3"
This caught Wei Ying's ears, he then turned back to see it. Only to witness Jin Ling kicking him down.

Seller, "WHO..."
Jin Ling, "Anyone who dares to mention Yilling Laozu or Wei Wuxian in front of me should be killed and fed to my dog. You should be thankful I just kicked you down."
Just then a dog was around the dog was Fairy, Jin Ling's spiritual dog.

Mo Xuan Yu ran, "L... Lan ZHANNNNNNN, SAVE MEE!"
Lan Zhan turned around and saw the dog, Wei Ying was behind him hugging his waist tightly as if he was a little child.

Jin Ling, "My Fairy is a good dog, it doesn't bite people, you're really mad."
Lan Zhan glared at the both of them, Jin Ling bowed and ran after his dog who escaped first.

Lan Zhan, "The dog is gone can you let go now?"
Wei Ying, "... Thank you, Lan Zhan."

Sizhui and Jingyi were helping the seller, they were holding their laughs as the Yilling Laozu was drawn so ugly.

Lan Zhan and Mo Xuan Yu were walking and in the end they got back at the inn.

They were two people talking at the table.
Person 1, "Have you heard? There was another victim in the man-eating mountain, and this time, I heard that the person who was eaten, was just a normal woodcutter."
Person 2, "We just have to avoid going there, it's too dangerous, we aren't even like the cultivators of those big sects like Lan and Jin, it's impossible to get rid of it."
Person 1, "If only the Nie Sect now is just like before."
Person 2, "Right, Sect Leader, Nie Mingjue was a brave hero, what a pity, he died."

Wei Ying, "Nie Mingjue died?"
Lan Zhan, "Mnn"
Wei Ying, "Reason?"
Lan Zhan, "It was of qi deviation, as you know Nie Sect wields sabers, the sabers have spirit thus when the owner of the saber dies, the saber can't be tamed by another. Nie Master's saber was getting out of control, he then died at his prime, it was 2 years after your death."
Wei Ying, "So the leader of Qinghe Nie right now is Huaisang?"
Lan Zhan, "Mnn"

They went to venture the so called Man-eating mountain. At the foot of the mountain.

Lan Zhan suddenly stopped at their tracks,
Wei Ying, "Lan Zhan what's wrong?"
Lan Zhan, 'Barrier"
Wei Ying, "Oh this is a maze, it makes people lose directions, as Hangguang-Jun has high spiritual energy, he wouldn't be affected by this."
Lan Zhan, "It's a different barrier"
Wei Ying, "Huh?"
Lan Zhan, "Illusion and corpses"
Wei Ying, "Lan Zhan there really seems to be corpses that way, thank goodness the children aren't with us, otherwise it's more bothersome."
Lan Zhan, "These corpses are lowly. Let's keep going."