Chapter 14: Care for Him

Zewu-Jun, "Sizhui, Jingyi, there is a new case in another city, I want you two to deal with it."
Sizhui and Jingyi agreed, and they left to take care of it.
Zewu-Jun, "Wangji now that arm is heading to another place, you have to chase it, and Wei gongzi..."
Wei Ying, "Don't worry, I'll accompany him."
Lan Zhan, "Brother, the direction it's heading is?"
Zewu-Jun, "Bei"
Lan Zhan, "We'll depart now, take care brother"

~On the way to Bei(North)~

Wei Ying, "Lan Zhan"
Lan Zhan, "Mn?"
Wei Ying pouting, "Can you say another word? It's always that 'mn'. So boring"
Lan Zhan, "What?"
Wei Ying smiled, "You indeed said another word."
Lan Zhan turned away.

~Lan Zhan POV~

'Damn it, that smile again. It's really hard to read that emotions of his, my heart just won't be quiet at every action of his. Why does he have to be so cute? His smile always melts my heart.'

~Wei Ying's POV~

'He ignored me again, *sigh* Just what is the reason? Is it because of my words? Or because of Sizhui's mom? Is Sizhui really his son? Aggggghhhhh what am I thinking? Anyways, why is he so cold? It feels like we are just strangers.'

End of POV

They were in the woods when the pouch acted up, they were brought back to their senses.
Wei Ying, "Here?"
Lan Zhan, "It sensed someting"
Wei Ying, "It's in the woods?"
Lan Zhan, "No"
Wei Ying, "Ah?"
Lan Zhan, "The sign"
Wei Ying, "Oh"

Wei Ying lifted the leaves covering the sign, it reads YI CITY, they were new to that place so they weren't acting rash, a woodcutter passed by.

Wei Ying, "This mister."
Woodcutter, "Ah?"
Wei Ying, "Do you know about Yi City?"
Woodcutter, "This 2 young masters, I suggest you don't go there."
Lan Zhan, "Why?"
Woodcutter, "The Yi City is also called Coffin Home, people living there makes coffins and things for funeral. These recent years nobody has come out of there, even the road is blocked."
Wei Ying, "Thank you mister."

The woodcutter went away as they looked at each other, Wei Ying then made sure the woodcutter was away when he played his flute, he sensed demonic energy in 2 li away from them, it was probably in the Yi City. They went there and as they went in, their eyesight was blocked with a fog.

Wei Ying, "Lan Zhan!"
Lan Zhan,"Wei Ying!"
Wei Ying, "Lan Zhan, where are you?!"
Lan Zhan, "Wei Ying, I am behind you"
Wei Ying, "But you're not here"
Lan Zhan, "We are in different place?"
Wei Ying, "It seems so"
Lan Zhan, "Watch out of the surrounding"
Wei Ying, "You too"

~Both POV~

'Fuck, did I just care for him? I hope he doesn't overthink, but I also hope he will... UGH am I crazy?'