9

TW homophobic slurs

The rain poured down, bouncing off the pavement beneath his feet as he took one step closer to his destination which to his mind was unknown. His hair was as wet as it could be, while his jumper and skinny jeans were completely soaked through. It was pitch black outside with only the path being barely lit up by the street lights.

But not even the coldest of winds and the heaviest of rain could phase him. His head was way too fogged up to care. But once his feet stopped, Jungkook regained consciousness and noticed where he was.
"Shit" Jungkook cussed before ringing the doorbell without a second thought as there was no backing out now.

After a short minute the door swung open and there stood his saving grace. There stood a man who was wearing a navy blue oversized top along with navy blue, army green and white plaid pyjama trousers. He looked like he had just woken up as his fluffy hair was sticking out in all different direction.
There was a slight awkward pause till Taehyung's eyes had fully adjusted and his head fully registered who was standing in front of him.

"Fucking hell bambi, what are you doing here? come in quick!" Taehyung pulled the boy into his home without hesitation.
Taehyung pulled the boy upstairs quickly and into the spare room grabbing towels and a spare change of clothes.

"Take a shower, warm yourself up. I'll make you a hot chocolate downstairs and then we'll talk okay?" Tae suggested, looking at the boy sympathetically, noticing how Jungkook looked out of it.
"I'd like that" Jungkook muttered out giving Tae a weak smile.
"Take your time okay, there's no rush"

Not too long later Jungkook walked into the living room, as if they both got deja vu. Taehyung stood up and took hold of the interns hand, guiding him to the couch.
"Can I?" Tae asked as he saw the white towel wrapped around his neck.
Jungkook shyly nodded as he sat cross legged facing the wall, while Tae faced the back of Jungkook's head and began to dry his hair.

"So would you like to explain why you turned up at my door in the middle of storm? You're a doctor, you're supposed to know what's safe and what's not. What happens if you get the flu or hypothermia?"
"I know but I had no choice" Jungkook fiddled with his fingers in his lap before explaining.

FLASHBACK

"How many times do I have to tell you, you work then you come home. No messing around afterwards. If you want to continue working, you have to come home afterwards. Who knows what you're up to"

Mr Jeon rolled his eyes at the intern who had just walked through the door 2 hours later than he was supposed to. He had ran over because of an emergency at the hospital and Jungkook and Taehyung were the only ones available to see to the patient.

"My friend was telling me that his son came out as gay. Apparently he was sneaking around with a guy who he pretended was his friend and now he's gay. I refuse to have a gay son living under my roof, those fags deserve to die, it's a disease. They are weak and pathetic and would never want to relate to someone like that, right Jungkook"

His father looked over at the boy who had his hands in fists turning white along the knuckles. He was gay himself, but never openly admitted it. It started off with him not knowing his sexuality but never kept a label to it, but a year after he was gay.

When Jungkook didn't answer, Mr Jeon repeated the question again.
"Right Jungkook?" He said in a deeper tone, with both his mother and brother turn their eyes to Jungkook.
He had been quiet for too long and now was his time to finally speak up.

"Being gay isn't a disease" Jungkook mumbled under his breath.
"Excuse me? What was that?" Mr Jeon walked forwards.
"Being gay isn't a disease, nor is it disgusting, nor pathetic nor weak. it's love. Yeah do you here me, love. Do you know that word because you definitely don't show it" Jungkook screamed.

"What are you saying Jungkook, are you a fag?" Mr Jeon belted.
"Yes father, I'm a fag. I'm a fucking fag, are you happy now? Your son is gay, how does it feel?" Jungkook yelled feeling his heart being ripped up.

"Get out" Mr Jeon grumbled, his eyes looking like they could turn a dark shade of red if they could.
"Oh come on"
"Get the fuck out of my house, right now"
"Stop there's literally a storm outside, at least wait till the storm finishes before letting him go" Mrs Jeon stepped in trying to reason with him.

"No! I don't care he can fucking go out in the storm and die for all I care, I will not associate myself with a gay fag. So now get the fuck out"

Jungkook was beyond angry.
"Fine I will, you were never my family in the first place"

And that's how Jungkook sprinted out of the house into the storm, hearing a glass bottle being smashed behind him.

END OF FLASHBACK

It was safe to say Taehyung was gob smacked.
"Bambi, I'm so sorry" Taehyung gasped at the horrific story, he couldn't believe a family could do such a thing and then make him leave home in a storm.
By this point Jungkook was crying his eyes out, he felt betrayed. Hurt. Frustrated. Angry. All raw emotions which he couldn't get a grip on.

Taehyung slowly shuffled forwards him till they were both in close proximity to one another. Slowly but surely they began to hug and snuggled against each other. Tae guided the intern to cry into his chest which Jungkook gladly did.
"It's okay, just let it out" Taehyung rubbed the boys back gently, making small patterns for a while, waiting till he had calmed down.

After a while of them hugging Taehyung suggested that they should get some rest as they had work at midday and they needed sleep.

Jungkook and him walked upstairs and Taehyung made him brush his teeth and all before going to bed. They walked to Taehyung's room and Tae looked at the intern softly.

"You can take this room, and I'll take the spare room as it will be fairly cold in there" Tae remarked, wanting Jungkook to feel as safe and comfortable as possible.
"Tae...please stay with me"