Chapter 2:Cafeteria Shenanigans

Headmaster Vaughan as usual was in his office, looking out the window that gave him the perfect view of the front yard of the school, while he was not looking at anything particular he noticed one student walking to school among the others, John.

"It appears that John has returned " ,  Vaughan turned around to face Keene.

"Do you want me to escort him to the office sir so you may speak with him?"

"Let him get settled back into class Keene, it must be quite difficult for him to return after Joker, wait until after school to bring him, and Seraphina as well Kenne" Vaughan spoke before turning back to see john was no longer outside the window, 'He must be inside now, I hope this does not end in flames for you John'

"Very well sir, if you excuse me I shall return to the Security station and then make my patrols around the property" Keene responded before making his way to the door and leaving, with a click of the handle I was now alone in my office drinking tea looking out the window.

Time skip- John and Sera's reunion.

As me and Sera went down the steps to the cafeteria a thought came to my mind... "It's chocolate cake day today isn't it?" Sera stopped and we both looked at each other and then without a word, a signal nothing activated our abilities and copying hers made it across the school to the cafeteria.

Sadly we were too late when we arrived as another student got the last slice, and though you could see Sera was upset she didn't mind, I however was really looking forward to that cake. While Sera and I were getting in line for food that same girl was suddenly harassed by what appeared to be an upperclassmen.

"Hey girly, I see you got that last piece of chocolate cake" his voice was laced with malice and everyone knew what was about to go down, "H-Hi, Jaxson.....w-w.....what do you want?" she timidly asked Jaxson before he smirked, "I am your superior so give me that cake"

"N...n-no Jaxson" she took a deep breath, composing herself, "Evie told me to stand up for myself" and moved to walk away.

"Why you little Bitch!" charging what looked to be a projectile type ability and aiming for the girl as she walked away before anyone knew what happened I had Jaxson pinned to the floor.

"I find it so funny the first day back and I as King need to stop a grumpy cake thief" to which the whole cafeteria laughed at, perfect now I can start to change with my actions here and now. "Why don't I make this clear for you to understand Jaxson, you want a piece of cake to get in line and wait" with that i took my foot off him turning around knowing he was getting up to attack me.

Right as he took the shot I turned and fired my own destroying his and hitting him in the arm....seemed his ability was some laser target, interesting. The force sent him back a few feet into the wall slumping down with a scared look on his face.

"If I had known you wanted to fight I would've taken you outside" Cracking my knuckles to scare him I began to walk closer grabbing by the collar of his shirt lifting to be at eye level. "Next time I may hit something vital"

Letting go he scampered off to the infirmary while I turned to find Sera smiling at me with two trays of food. When a hand tugged at the hem of my sleeve, turning it was the girl with the cake, "Thank you John" she was the first person other that Sera to talk to me today, and she was smiling too.

"Your welcome, enjoy your cake!" I waved as I walked off to join Sera, who was smirking at me as I approached, "What's so funny Sera?"

"Don't you think you were a bit over dramatic with that John" laughing while she said it.

"I happen to think it was fun, that girl is the first student to talk to me all day other than you" which seemed to get Sera's attention.

"No one has talked to you all day?"