Chapter 12: Readjustment Concentration Camp

My plane had landed in Wellston airport where I immediately collected my bags. Hailing a taxi made my way to my son’s house. Upon arrival I found that neither him nor Seraphina were home. Having a key for the place myself, it’s in my name so of course I would have a key.
    Making my way inside I set my stuff on the couch and moved my way to the bathroom as the kids weren’t home yet and spending five hours on a plane really gets to me…I hate flying.
    I had just finished washing up in the bathroom when I heard John and Seraphina walk into the house.

“You're not going to head straight to bed John”  It seemed they had some type of argument? I heard the noise emanate from John’s room, something was going on, leaving the bathroom I made my way to their door which had been slammed closed.

“Wh?-Sera-What are you doing??” John sounded spooked, don’t tell me she's the one advancing on him first? Oh I need to poke fun at this when I wake in to interrupt them but what Seraphina said next made me worry.

“I let you go once I won’t do it again I want to know what the hell happened to you in that stupid readjustment class”  She was trying to get information out of john, thats what she wanted from him 

“I would like to know as well John” Opening the door I saw Seraphina pinning John to the bed and if I had not heard what Seraphina said I would assume they were going to do, they jumped from their position on the bed standing on the far side of the bed faces flushed red.

“Dad?!”

“William!?”

“Imagine my surprise when I arrived to congratulate my son on his new Girlfriend and here I learned something happened to my son in the readjustment classes…” Looking to John and with a most stern voice, “You are going to tell me everything John”

    We now found ourselves sitting in the living room, snacks and drinks on the coffee table sitting down. I and Seraphina both noticed John shaking as he looked to prepare himself for this.

“Okay John…I worried for you after you came back from your classes, you stayed in your room for weeks” I leaned forward in the armchair, “I almost had to force feed you”

    John had come home from the readjustment classes for three days and all he said to me since then is  “Good morning Dad” and “Good night Dad” other than that he has not left his room. Actually he hasn’t left his bed.
    Days passed and John's condition remained the same, he never left his room, he was eating next to nothing.  Whatever they did to him in those classes obviously was not for his benefit, and being a cripple I feared I would be unable to help my son when a thought came to me.
    Moving to my office I sat at my computer and began typing up the concept of a book. Week after week went by, John never left his room and I spent every free moment I had typing my book when finally I had finished it.
    Walking into John’s room I found that his meal from earlier today was not even half eaten.

“You need to eat more John” No response from him, as usual

“I just finished my latest book, I would like you to read the advance copy” placing a copy of the book on his nightstand beside his plate I left his room hoping he would read it.

After all, I dedicated it to my son.

“I know Dad, then you gave me Unordinary, I read it over and over again everyday” John responded.

“Now what the hell does Seraphina hee know that I do not?” I looked to Serahina who seemed to want to tell me herself.

“John…you should tell him yourself” Seraphina commented.