Chapter 9: X Rai Returns

Target: Robert McFlint

    Ability: Grenade

    Levil: 2.4

    Description: Robert McFlint, 2.4 grenade type ability. Allows Robert to throw projectiles of his design at his target. Preferring fire type projectiles has taken over the small Wellston low tier district of Dawson.

    My information was correct, Robert lived in one of the low tier districts of Wellston, a bad one at that as well, Dawson. Not only does Robert control the area with an iron fist, he does nothing to keep other criminals from his territory.
    Sneaking out of the dorm I proceed to move through the shadows cast by the buildings to exit school grounds to get to Dawson. Luckily the subway station was close and after ten minutes I found myself exiting in Dawson district.
    Dawson district was much different from the buildings of Wellston I was used to seeing, most of the buildings that were lucky to be still standing, windows were either broken or were boarded up. The streets were filled with garbage, broken glass, and what I thought might be dried blood.
    Having changed into my outfit I moved to the rooftops, no one was outside, having all locked themselves inside their homes most likely to keep safe, or hope to be lucky enough to survive the night. Continuing my journey through Dawson district I found myself coming to look down across a street at a convenience store, open.
    I could see an old lady working the till, as two younger men enter the building. I was about to just move on when I saw the old lady back against the wall behind her as one of the young men had his hand on fire pointing at her, I decided to move to aid the old lady.

“You need to pay your fee old lady”

“Robert is relentless, he will tear your store down”

“Please, please….I can’t afford to stay open with your fees, I-”

“We have no choice grandma”

    Having jumped down I moved to listen more closely to their conversation, “Robert has already taken everything from me, I’m an old woman with no one to miss me, do what you must child”

    Watching through the window, I saw the look in the two mens eyes, they were scared, terrified of what I thought they were going to do, kill. The one aiming his arm ablaze voiced his protest, “Please, give anything, we don’t want to have to kill you”

“You both have families, wifes and children to see again, I have no regrets”

“How about I step in then” All three of them turned to see me in the entry of the store, the two men seemed to take a step back while the elderly women was unfazed, much to my suprise. “Wait What??- Who are you girly?” now on the defensive against me I moved forward.

“I heard everything…you don’t want to kill her” I was continuing to walk towards them, “How about I take care of Robert for you…so you can see your families again.”

    The two seemed surprised by my offer, looking between each other and whispering to each other. I looked towards the elderly woman who simply watched the sense unfold before her.

“I have not seen this much action in many years” moving to her counter behind her checkout counter to check her stock, “You young people take great risk saving us less powerful”

    I could only stand there and watch as she moved about her work without, this is how those with almost no power, at the bottom of the chain live their lives, if they should be killed many know they are going to die.

“We will take you to Robert” One man chimed in, “He is heavily guarded but we all hate him” the other chimed in. “He took our families, our possessions, we want him gone”