Chapter 5:Blyke's Return...Jeraphina?

Seraphina's POV

I never went shopping like this before, with John at least going for groceries. I went with Elaine a few times when she wanted my opinion on something or my help paying for stuff. I felt glad, a sense of accomplishment shopping with John, my mother and father would die if they saw me in a grocery store such as this that didn't offer expensive fancier foods for good tiers.

I never thought about it much but John's cooking was always better than whatever I got to eat at home so it was not the quality of food being used. What made John's cooking so much better than anyone else's?

"Sera, you did not have to bring your wallet I am more than able to buy what we need"

Aw his pride is showing, "I am the one who eats all your cooking I say I should pay for at least half John"

"And I am saying No" choosing to just stand down. He paid for all our groceries, walking away the female cashier giggled whispering to me.

"Your boyfriend really loves to take care of you doesn't he"

I was blushing leaving the grocery store, did John see me as his girl? He has always treated me differently from everyone else at school, but why then would John insist on paying for everything himself, suddenly a thought came to my head.

"Seraphina you must be perfect....You will need to find the perfect man to take care of you and support you"

Smiling to myself I guess my mother was right about one thing, maybe I did find the perfect man for me.

"What do you want for Supper Sera?" snapped out of my thoughts I blushed looking to John, I really didn't care what I ate as long as he made it and ate with me.

"Surprise me Master Chief" I smiled at him as he laughed and made a mock bow before me.

"I shall live to serve you my Queen" was he flirting with me? I never paid much attention to it but we have been like this for so long it seems normal but I think something has changed. I suck at feelings. Maybe Remi and Elaine or Evie can give me a hand to try and understand myself.

Making our way back to the house John was immediately off to get ready to make supper, without an ability he was fast to put stuff away in their places, and getting ready to make supper. He reminded me of our chef's at home cooking, he looked like a professional.

"John, why are you so good with cooking?" John stopped his prep work to look at me as if I asked him why his hair was red.... "I....I actually don't really now give me a second to think" John got back to prepping the food when it came to him, looking up, "I remember being little helping mom and dad cook"

I was shocked, he and William have never mentioned his mother before. John looked sadded for a second talking about his mother, "After she disappeared dad tried his best to comfort me, we spent lots of time cooking and baking....I can make anything." He looked up at me with tears in his eyes, "I haven't talked about Mom in so long, it's like she is still here every meal."

"I....I never knew about your mother John, what was she like?" I wanted to know about her, was John like his mother in his attitude and power?

"I remember snow white hair, and glowing eyes, dad was never one to talk about her. I think he still misses her, I....I moved on, she is likely dead" moving to the stove to begin cooking, "I would like to think that she is watching me, that she is once gian beside me as I cook"

I moved to be beside him as he looked to his right, seeing me, "I may not be your mother but would you like me to help you out?" John seemed to blush a little and think it over.... "Mom would've loved to meet you" moving over a little I guess that was a yes.