Chapter 11: Leilah works for Ember now? / A surprise visit to Wellston

I can’t believe she was able to get away again…and she even managed to kill her attacker. No Superhero has ever managed to kill an Ember operative before. Luckily I know that next time I need to take care of her myself. I heard a new researcher will be joining us today.

    I think I am going to die…I can’t believe I need to see my mother and father again after all these years. Though I can imagine they won’t recognize me, I changed my hair color and length, I wear colored contacts and even changed my name completely.
    I made my way up to the head office of NexGen took a deep breath and made my way inside to face my parents and get this mysterious promotion.

    The top secret pharmaceutical operation…I heard we get to examine the body’s of people who donated their bodies to science so we may be able to develop new medicines and other medical advancements for society. 
    Upon entering I handed my id card and my notice of appointment with Mr and Miss Dreyfuss in the congress room on the 200th floor. Allowed to continue I made my way to the elevator to make my way up to the conference room, exiting the elevator I made my way into the conference room before Narrisa and Micheal arrived. This gave me time to prepare my pitch and steady my nerves to see them again.

“Good morning Miss Newman” That was my mother’s voice here goes nothing.

“Hello Mrs. Dreyfus” looking up from my seat I could see my mother was taken aback by me, maybe she saw through my disguise?

“Miss newman I looked over your resume with Narrisa here, we think you would be an excellent addition for our secret pharmaceutical department”

“Yes, I believe you would be a great addition, your pharmaceutical research has lead to many innovations and breakthroughs.”

“Thank you, I just want to work hard and make a name for myself in pharmaceuticals”

“Well consider yourself hired for the position Racheal”

“Thank you” moving to shake their hands Narria didn’t let go of my hand, “You remind me of someone I lost years ago”

“I do?” Oh crap she’s going to figure it out. “If I may ask who is she?”

“She’s my eldest daughter Leilah, I made the horrific mistake of driving her away three years ago, and know my youngest won’t even talk to me”

    Seraphina won’t talk to mother? I need to see what’s up with her, last I heard she was attending Wellston Private school.

“My apologies, I don’t have any children so I would not completely understand what your going through” 

“I pray she is still alive but all efforts to locate her have led to dead ends. What am I doing, apologies Miss Newman I seem to be a little depressed.”

“No worries Mrs.Dreyfus”

    Parting ways I was given a packet with my new Id, and information on my new Job, location, pay, bonuses that come with the job etc. And holy crap I went from a yearly salary of three hundred thousand dollars to 1.6 million dollars a year, I like this new job already.
    Leaving the building I made my way back home to my penthouse overlooking the city of Wellston. Time to get my supper made before making my way to my new Job, I never had to learn to cook so I kinda suck at it, luckily darren is a far better cook then I am.

“For today’s specialty I present Racheal a meal of sausage and perogies in mushroom sauce”

“HAhahahha. Oh Darren..” taking the plate of food, it was a simple meal but he always managed to make it sound like a master chief had made it, “You make everything sound great, lets dig in”