Chapter 16: John Doe Found

⚠️Important authors note at end⚠️
⚠️Please read⚠️

We searched all day for John and could not find him, I was getting very worried, getting little sleep and I was going downhill fast. Before I knew it the un was rising and I had not gotten a wink of sleep. Getting up off the couch my back cracking my phone was suddenly ringing, it was John’s ringtone when he called me.
    I jumped over the couch crashing into Remi knocking her to the floor as I rushed to my phone picking it up.

“JOHN!!!! Where are you, are you alright I’ll get Charles and I’ll come get you!...John?!”

“It’s nice to hear from you after so long Seraphina” It couldn’t be…

“Lailah?” why does she after all these years reach out to me…and to top it off has john’s phone?

“John is recovering seraphina, I’ll send you my address and you and Charles can come pick him up…I’ll let him know you're coming over” I could not help but cry a little…

“Thank you Lailiah…thank you” hanging up the phone I completely broke down in tears as Remi came over to me.

“Not that I’m not pissed, I was just run over by a locomotive in my own dorm. I assume something happened to Seraphina?”

“John’s okay…sorry Remi but I need to call Charles to go get him”

“I see…well I’ll let it slide, the Queen needs her king after all” that little pink haired bitch, smirking at me knowing what she was doing…my face was probably beet red, I’ll have to get back at her at some point.

“Ya…I guess I do” getting up I moved to get cleaned up and dressed to go see John…i’m sure I looked like a mess with no sleep and little care for my own well being searching for him. I called Charles to pick me up in about two hours so I could get ready.
    Having a shower I could not stop thinking about john…what happened when he was running around the city…was he injured, was he going to be okay again? I would not know the answers to all these questions until I saw him myself and asked. Getting out of the shower and drying off I looked in the bathroom mirror to see bags had begun to form under my eyes again.

“Just like john…when my entire world blows up I self-destruct too I guess”  We really were made for each other. Moving to get my clothes I had set to the side in the bathroom I got dressed and called Charles.

“Hello Seraphina, I take it you're ready to go see John yes?”

“I am just leaving Remi’s Charles, where are you parked?”

“I’m waiting out front of the school, should be quick for you to get here rig-” 

“I think so ya” I had used my ability and was right beside Charles' car, unlocking it I got into the passenger seat.

“You kids use your abilities for everything” , Charles hung up his phone with a sigh turning his head to me, “Though this is one situation I can approve of completely.”

“Alright Charles lets get John” I was excited, not only was my sister alive and well but she had managed to find John for me. I know she had reachout to me after John transferred here but it was around the time John started to change that I lost her, thank God she’s doing alright.

“So your sister Liealiah found John?...I haven’t seen your sister in so long, she was a bright student” Charles commented, it was too quiet and awkward so I bet he wanted to lighten the mood.

“I didn’t know she wa that good, all I ever heard was how much of a failure she was” It was all I had ever heard, she failed and I was to mother and father’s crowning achievement of perfection.