Silk Chiffon

The past few days have been hell. I have no idea what to do about Zach and Florence. Some part of me was expecting her to at least text, but I haven't heard from her at all. I haven't spoken to Scarlett or Lizzie either. Ash keeps pestering me to go after Florence but she doesn't know about Zach's threats.

And to top it all off, Syd has felt sick for days on end. Her head is killing her and she keeps getting stomachaches. I took her to her pediatrician, Dr. Lancaster, but he said she's perfectly fine. It feels like something is wrong, but I'm not the one who went to medical school, I guess.

Sighing as I calm my thoughts, I hand the customer their drink and give them a brief smile before they leave the shop. Ash is in class and Syd is in school, so it's just me here. It's only 11am, and I'm already exhausted. Standing behind the counter, resting my head in my hands, I perk up when the door opens. There's a brief glimmer of hope that a certain blonde will walk through the door, but it fades quickly.

"Oh, hey, Willow," I say, my voice a knotch higher than usual as I remember my vital mistake.

"Morning, Y/N," she greets, leaning on the counter across from me, a daring half smile playing at her lips. "You never called."

"Shit, I'm so sorry. I just got caught up with everything and-"

"Don't worry about it. So who is she?"

Her question catches me off guard and I stumble over my words. "What? Who?"

"Look, I'm not blind, Y/N. You're obviously hung up on somebody else. It's not fair to anybody to keep this thing going," she shrugs. "I'm not upset, okay? Honestly. Is it that British woman from VIP night?"

"It's complicated..."

"It always is. There's a reason true love is hard to find. If it were simple, everyone would have it."

"Thank you, Willow," I say sincerely. I know I was kind of an ass, but she's being really mature about this whole thing anyways.

"Thank you. For the, you know," she smirks coyly. I laugh and throw a paper cup at her, which she catches and throws back before walking towards the door. "I hope we can still be friends?" she asks.

"I'd like that." She leaves the shop and I smile slightly, glad that something is finally going right. I've known Willow for a long time, and I'd hate to throw that away just because we had sex one time. Well, more than one time, but all in the same night so it doesn't count.

A few more uneventful hours drag by. Switching the vinyls on the turn table, I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket.

Scarlett: We made a group chat. We need to talk.
Lizzie: Scarlett don't make it sound so ominous.
Scarlett: I'm pissed. I'll be as ominous as I want.

They made a group chat. That can't be good.

Me: What is going on? Why are you pissed?
Scarlett: What happened to calling her?? I thought you were gonna fight for her, dumbass.
Me: I did call. I left a message. Haven't heard from her.
Lizzie: Well clearly it wasn't a very persuasive voicemail, considering she thinks you don't want to see her anymore
Scarlett: You need to go talk to her
Me: Why would she think that? And how am I supposed to talk to her?
Scarlett: We can sneak you on set or into her trailer. It'll be straight out of a romcom!
Lizzie: OOH yeah! Nobody will even notice and she'll be swept off her feet
Me: This doesn't sound like a good idea.
Scarlett: Do you have a better suggestion?
Me: I guess not
Lizzie: Then we're doing this. We'll pick you up in two hours. Be ready!

Oh God. Now I'm freaking out. What did I just get myself into?

~

I adjust the blazer around my torso, anxiously checking the time. I decided to wear mom jeans, a white top, and an oversized blazer. I want to look good without looking like I'm trying to look good. I'm definitely overthinking this. What the hell am I going to say?

I hear a horn honk outside, and bound down the steps of my apartment. I slide into the backseat of a black car with tinted windows, and Scarlett and Lizzie are already inside. "You ready for this?" Lizzie asks.

"Not in the slightest," I breathe out shakily.

"You'll do fine. Just, you know, woo her. With words and stuff," Scarlett advises me.

"Gee, thanks. That's really helpful," I grumble sarcastically.

"Don't snap at me. We could get in serious trouble for this," Scarlett retorts.

"I know. You're right, I'm sorry. I'm just nervous."

"You'll do fine. Just be honest with her," Lizzie soothes me.

When we pull up to the large building, it looks extremely suspicious. It almost looks like a warehouse, with barely any windows in sight. They drop me off by a back door, hidden by some bushes, and tell me to wait for them to come and get me. I do as they say, impatiently pacing back and forth as I practice what I'm going to say.

A clap of thunder echoes through the sky, dark clouds looming above me. "Oh great," I mutter as it starts to rain lightly. A few seconds later, another bolt of lightning strikes and it begins to pour. Raindrops hammer against my skin like pellets, soaking through my clothes almost instantly.

Several long, cold minutes later, the back door opens to reveal Lizzie and Scarlett standing in the doorway.   Scarlett grabs my arm and pulls me inside, immediately setting a fast pace down the narrow hallway. "She's in with the makeup artist. Lizzie is gonna get the artist out and then you'll go in. Got it?" Scarlett rushes out.

"Y-yeah, got it," I stammer. Scarlett pulls me to a stop outside of a door, and Lizzie walks through. Seconds later, Lizzie walks out with another woman and they go down the hall together, talking and laughing.

"That was the artist. Go," Scarlett commands, shoving me into the room and closing the door behind me. Florence turns around to face me, her face morphing into confusion. I hesitate, simply staring at her as I forget everything I practiced. The water is dripping off my skin.

"Y/N, what are you doing here?" Florence asks apprehensively.

"I needed to talk to you."