Adore You

I'm brought out of my slumber by a weight moving across my side. Not quite conscious yet, I nuzzle my face further into the warmth under my body, but finally open my eyes when I feel the movement again. I see Liho crawling across my body before she crosses the couch and cuddles up to Syd, who is sound asleep on the opposite end of the couch.

As my mind becomes fully awake, I realize that I'm laying on top of something oddly warm. I pick my head up and look down, and my breath catches in my throat at the sight. Florence is sleeping on her back, and I'm laying on my stomach on top of her. My leg is resting across her hip, and her hand is firmly holding my thigh. Her other arm is wrapped around my torso, with her hand slipped under my shirt and resting on my lower back. My head had previously been buried in the crook of her neck, but now I stare helplessly down at her sleeping form in embarrassment, my cheeks set ablaze by the position we're in.

I try to move away from her and spare myself the embarrassment of waking up like this in the morning. I push myself up away from her body, but her face scrunches up in sleepy discontent. "Where are you going?" she asks groggily. God, her voice. I pause, still leaning over her body, and she brings her hands up to rest on my hips.

"Oh, well, I was just gonna, uh, give you a little bit of room. I didn't wanna crowd you or anything," I stumble over my words. Our quiet whispers sound deafening in the silent apartment.

"Don't. I like you here," she mumbles as she pulls me back down into our previous position.

I'm thankful for the darkness to hide my furious blush. I smile like an idiot against her neck. I think I might have a heart attack as I feel her press a soft kiss to the top of my head. "Goodnight, darling."

"Goodnight, Flo." I hear her breathing even out once again, and I press a delicate kiss to the skin of her neck. "Goodnight," I whisper again. I fall asleep with a smile on my face and butterflies in my stomach.

~

"Mom. Psst, Mom." I grumble incoherently in response. "Moooom."

"What's wrong, Syd?" I mumble again without opening my eyes.

"It's morning time, Momma. You gotta get up so we can have pancakes. Does Florence want pancakes, too?"

"I'd love some pancakes, sweetheart," Florence answers before I have the chance. I finally open my eyes and pick up my head, quickly realizing that we're still in the same position. Florence's hand is now rubbing small circles on my back, and my face burns hot at the sound of her morning voice.

"Yay! I'll go get the stuff out!" Syd exclaims as she runs into the kitchen.

"Morning," I say shyly.

"Morning," Florence replies easily. I look into her eyes and laugh a little as her cheeks tint pink. A loud bang comes from the kitchen and scares us both.

"I gotta go...take care of that." She laughs and nods, signaling that I should go. I stand up and join Syd in the kitchen.

I sneak glances at Flo as Syd and I cook, and every time I do, she's looking right back at me with a goofy grin on her face.

She briefly heads to the bathroom then comes back, and soon the pancakes are ready.

We sit at the kitchen table as we eat. Syd is telling a story about some annoying girl at school, but I'm entirely lost in the beauty of Florence. The sleep is still present on her face, right along that lopsided grin of hers. I haven't gotten used to my t-shirt hanging off her shoulder, and if I saw it every day for the rest of my life, I think it would still take my breath away each time.

"What are you staring at?" she asks with a smirk. I just shrug with a sheepish smile, blushing as I duck my head to avoid her eyes. Her phone dings multiple times in a row, and she looks down at the screen with a frown. She types away with an adorably upset pout for several minutes. She finally sets down the phone, rubbing her face in frustration.

"Everything okay?" I ask carefully.

"Yeah, it's fine. There was a problem on set. I have to go, I'm sorry."

"No, don't worry about it. It's your job."

She gets up and quickly hugs Syd goodbye, promising they'll see each other again soon. I walk Florence to the door. "Oh shoot," she explains. "Your clothes. I'll go change real quick."

"Don't worry about it, Flo," I chuckle. "You can keep them or return them next time you see me. They look good on you."

She nods bashfully, looking down at her feet. "Uh, I had a lot of fun."

"Me too. Can I ask you a question?"

"Of course."

"Was Zach...okay with you staying here overnight?"

"Zach has no say in what I do," she states seriously, looking into my eyes. "And I hope we can do this again sometime."

"I'd love that. I'll see you later, Flo."

"Goodbye, darling." She leans in and presses a chaste kiss to my cheek before leaving the apartment.

"Momma?"

"Yeah, Syd?"

"Is she your girlfriend now?"

"No, Syd," I sigh.

"Do you want her to be your girlfriend?"

"Eat your damn pancakes or I'm gonna sell you."

"I'm gonna sell you," she mocks.

I try to glare at her, but I can't wipe the giddy smile off my face. Florence Pugh is wearing my t-shirt and kissing my cheek. I slept on top of Florence Pugh last night. And, god , I'd do it for the rest of my life if I were given the chance.