Earned It

The dress is short. It ends just below my ass and hugs every curve. It's black with a low neckline and a lace back. It's a little slutty, but that's exactly what I wanted. Scarlett and Lizzie are meeting us at the club in half an hour, so I put the finishing touches on my look. Flo's favorite deep red lipstick and a necklace that teases my cleavage. I'm confident; I know I look hot. But for a moment, insecurity and nerves tie my stomach in a knot. My fingers dust over my lower stomach, my eyes locked on the bulge of fat. My legs could certainly look better. This dress shows a lot. Is it too much? Am I trying too hard?

Is that why she doesn't want me?

"Y/N, darling, are you almost ready to go? We'll have to leave shortly," Flo calls through the bathroom door.

"Um, yeah. Yeah, I'm just about ready to go." I nod to myself in the mirror, trying to bring back the confident woman who stood there just moments before.

Flo is silent for a few seconds. "Is everything okay, love? You don't sound like yourself."

Love. I take a deep breath and hold my head high. What am I doing? I'm fucking hot. Who cares if I have stomach fat? There's this thing called a uterus, and it gave me my own little Satanist. And thighs are hot as hell.

I open the door and smile at Florence. "I'm ready."

Her face falls slack as her eyes fall up and down my body, indiscreetly pausing to gawk at my cleavage. She's dressed up in a lacy black two-piece jumpsuit with gold accents and jewelry. She looks incredible.

"You look amazing, Flo," I whisper.

"I...You- you look..." Flo trails off. I raise an eyebrow slightly and smirk at her lack of words. "You look gorgeous, Y/N," she finally finishes. I grab her waist and pull her into a kiss, which soon breaks apart due to our wide smiles.

"The car is here. Shall we?" she whispers.

"We shall."

We slide into the backseat of the car and I sit directly next to Florence, placing my hand just above her knee. She smiles and kisses the side of my head. As the minutes pass by, I slide my hand higher until my fingers are resting just inches from her center. I hear her take a shaky breath and I mentally pat myself on the back. I pull my hand away for the rest of the ride.

When we arrive at the club, the bouncer lets us in and Flo calls Scar to ask where we should meet up. Scar tells her they already found a table, so that's where we head. And 'table' was a bit of an understatement; it's velvet sofas arranged in a small area with a glass coffee table in the middle.

"Holy shit, you guys are hot!" Lizzie yells. My face contorts in shock, only to internally nod in understanding when I notice the empty glass in her hand.

"Says you, Olsen," Florence answers.

"Hm, you clean up nice, Y/N. Should've kept you for myself," Scarlett winks.

"Maybe you should have," I flirt back.

"You know, I disagree," Florence says, knowing we were only joking. But she still wraps an arm around my waist.

"I'll go grab us some drinks. What do you want, baby?" I ask Florence, playing with her short hair.

"A vodka martini, please."

"Shots!" Lizzie yells while Scarlett nods in agreement.

"Yeah, yeah, okay. One vodka martini and plenty of shots," I say.

"Are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Florence asks, rubbing my lower back.

"I'll be fine. Don't party too hard without me," I whisper before grabbing the back of her neck and kissing her softly. A loud whistle breaks us apart and I glare at the culprit, Scarlett, before leaving to order the drinks.