Cinderella Part 3

For next few weeks and months even, the princess held a ball and Cinderell attended. And, each night Cinderell would leave the princess with a kiss. Soon, the queen was worrying. She called her daughter into her bedroom, also her sister.

Both of the ladies entered and curtsied, "Your Majesty." The queen stood in attention and turned to the them. She smiled and hugged them tightly, "Now! Tell me everything about this mysterious suitor! Who is he?" The princess froze and awkwardly smiled, "Uh.... Well, you see... He still hasn't told me his name!" She slouched in disappointment and started to rant.
"I mean, I have been giving all my attention to him at all these balls! Should I stop the balls? Maybe we can find out where he lives! Have a guard sneak after him!"
"How about your brother?"

Yes, the princess had a brother. He was not to take the throne unless his sister had no children. But, it didn't stop him from messing with her before and after her lessons, making sure she got what she wanted. In return, he was sworn in to protect her and her family when/if the time came. He was captain of the royal guard and would soon be in full control of it. He burst into the room in a fabulous way and announced, "I heard my calling!" Oh, forgot to mention: super fabulous.

His sister neared him and smiled, "Brother, you love me, yes?"
"More than being fabulous! And, that is a high title!"
"Well, I need to ask you something very important."
"Find your true love as he leaves back to his home? Of course!"
"How-"
"I heard it through the door. Just hold the last ball tonight and describe him as best as you can. I'll follow him and you can live fabulously ever after!" He marched out of the room and soon the plan was in place.
----------
The last ball was held that very night and the princess stood at the meeting place for the last time. Soon, she felt a tap on her shoulder and she turned. Her suitor bowed and smiled at her, "Your Highness."
"It is very nice to see you this one last time. Maybe... This time, will you please tell me your name? I just want to know!" The young man stood straight but worry clouded his eyes.
"Well, if I did, there is no guarantee you would still like me..."
"You are the only friend I have had at these parties! Please? I did every party just to know YOUR name! Please..." The princess looked to the floor and sniffed a bit. The young man took hold of her hands and lifted her head to see his. As he leaned in for one last kiss, the clock struck and he jumped forward, connecting their lips in a passionate kiss. Of course, it was only 10:00, but time seemed to move slower with each kiss or he seemed less inclined to leave her. They separated at the last chime, when music began and they started to dance. A lovely soprano sang with a tenor a love song.

"So this is love, Mmmmmm
So this is love
So this is what makes life divine
I'm all aglow, Mmmmmm
And now I know
The key to all heaven is mine
My heart has wings, Mmmmmm
And I can fly
I'll touch ev'ry star in the sky
So this is the miracle that I've been dreaming of
Mmmmmm
Mmmmmm"

As the song ended, the last line was sung by the young couple, who were in a slight blush.

"So this is love."