Thirteen

"That is not important

"That is not important. Just come to XXXX Hospital. It's an emergency." And with that, the call ended. What emergency? Did his dad do something again? I started to panic. "Hey, all okay?" Hyung asked. "Hyung can you please take me to XXXX Hospital?" I asked. "Yes sure." He said and grabbed his coat while I wore my jacket and cap.

We both rushed to the parking and I started the car. I took out my phone and dialed Jin hyung's number and kept the phone on speaker. "Jungkook?" It was Joon hyung. "H-Hyung... Eunwoo... H-He.." I couldn't complete it. "Deep breath Koo... What's the matter?" He asked in a soft voice. "Hyung someone called me from Eunwoo's phone. I'm worried. Please take Jin hyung and come to XXXX Hospital." I was so close to crying now.

We were at the signal and my hands were shaking. I don't want something to happen to him. "Jungkook you okay? Do you want me to drive?" Taehyung asked. "N-No it's okay. We're almost there." I said and he just looked at me with a worried face.

"Hyung is there with you hm?" He said and I felt slightly better when he said those words. I just nodded and continued driving. As we reached I parked the car and we both rushed inside the hospital. "We're here for patient Cha Eunwoo," I spoke. But the nurse was busy gawking at Tae. "Didn't you hear what he say?" Taehyung spoke in a higher pitch. "Uh yes, He's on the first floor in room 302." She informed and we rushed to the elevator.

Ugh, it's taking time. I saw the staircase and ran upstairs while Taehyung ran behind me. As I saw the room I dashed inside and saw the doctors doing some tests. "I suppose you are his friend, the one I called." He spoke and I nodded. "W-What happened?" "Well, a woman found him unconscious on the street and brought him here. Once he gains consciousness ask him." And with that, the doctor left.

There he was lying on the bed, unconscious. I sat on the chair beside the bed and held his hand. " Wake up Eunwoo...It's me your KooKoo." I whispered as tears rolled down my cheeks. "Cha Eunwoo, you wake up now or I will-" My sentence was cut by Jin hyung. "Oh my god Eunwoo!" He came and stood beside me. "What happened to him?" He asked. "A woman found him unconscious and brought him here," I told.

"Oh Taehyung, what are you doing here?" Jin hyung asked as he made his way to the couch. "He came to drop me," I answered and Jin hyung nodded. Then I felt someone's presence beside me. I turned around and saw Taehyung sitting beside me. "He must be very important to you right?" He asked in a whisper and I nodded. "Just like Jiminie hyung is to you, Eunwoo is to me," I answered. "Don't worry he'll wake up soon." He patted my shoulder.

Suddenly I felt a movement in my hand. It was Eunwoo's hand. He's gaining consciousness. "Kook..." He spoke. "Yes it's me, I'm here," I spoke. "K-Kook h-he... he.." "Deep breath Eunwoo! Calm down we're there with you." Jin hyung spoke while sitting on the other side of the bed. "Jungkook..." Jin hyung eyed me and I nodded. "Hyung, let's go outside," I said and took Taehyung outside with me.

"Why are you outside?" He asked as we sat on the benches outside the room. "Jin hyung wants to talk with Eunwoo." I sighed. It happens a lot. Whenever something happens it is Jin hyung whom we talk to. "What about you? Aren't you his best friend?" "Yes, I am. But Jin hyung understands and stays calm. Unlike me who will yell and panic." I sighed. "Anger issues?" He asked and I nodded.

"Just deep breath and relax. Sometimes you gotta handle things calmly. Fighting is not always the option until things get out of control." He spoke. Wow- I don't have words. He said it once when I got into a fight with a guy who tried to hurt him. And he was like, 'The shy kid is going angry huh? Just calm down my baby deep breath and relax. Sometimes you gotta handle things calmly. FIghting is not always the option until things get out of control.'

"Hyung.... can I hug you?" I said and regretted it the next moment. What the fuck was going in my mind when I said this?? "Eh, sure... Though I might be a bad hugger..." He said and pulled me close. I hugged him. I hugged Kim Taehyung, my first and only love, after 4 fucking years. "Why is it always me hyung? Why do I lose people close to me? Why does something bad happen to people close to me? Why can't I be happy?" I sniffled. I don't mind showing him the soft, broken, and vulgar side of me.

"Hey, everything's gonna be okay. You deserve happiness. You know everyone has a happy ending and if you're in sadness that means it's not the end." He said and caressed my hair. "I-It hurts hyung," I said while parting from the hug. "I'm done pretending things. I pretend to be strong but I'm not. I may be physically strong but mentally and emotionally, I'm just a weakling."

"Hey don't say that. You're not-" Tae's sentence was cut by Jin hyung's yelling. "HE WHAT?!" Hearing him shout me and Tae both rushed inside."Hyung you okay?" I asked and he nodded. "I think we gotta beat someone!" Jin hyung spoke. "We what?! Wait wait,  can someone explain to me what happened." 

"Dad... He harassed me to a point where I gave up all hopes to live. I can't deal with this anymore. It's an everyday thing. I go home, see him drunk, he beats me. So today I..." He showed his arm. "Eunwoo... we promised each other that we would never go for self-harm option no matter what happens right?" I spoke and he slowly nodded. 

"I and Joon will go to the police station tomorrow. For now, we'll stay here. You and Taehyung should go back home."

"By the way where is Joon hyung?" I asked. "He's paying the bills." Jin hyung informed. "Hyung it's okay, I'll manage," Eunwoo spoke. "We're not letting you be in that hell hole again. For now, let's all just rest." Jin hyung spoke and I nodded in agreement.

"Well then, we'll leave," I said as I and Taehyung bid farewell and exited the room. "Uh, Taehyung..." Jin hyung called. "Yes?" Tae turned around. and hyung gestured him to come to him. He whispered something to him and Tae nodded.

"Jungkook let's go to my place."