Thirty-Three

It was 4 in the morning and I was outside my house

It was 4 in the morning and I was outside my house. I rang the bell and waited for someone to open the door. Finally, the door opened, revealing Namjoon hyung. "Jungkook?? What are you doing here?? At this hour??" He asked while I just stood there, staring into space. "Koo..." He softly whispered as tears streamed down my cheeks. "I left..." I whispered. "Come inside first." He said as I made my way inside. 

 "What's going on?" Jin hyung came out. "Jungkook, what are you doing here?" Jin hyung asked while sitting beside me. Then Namjoon hyung told him everything and showed him the chats. "But what about the graduation? I'm sure Tae will come here to talk to you or to ask you why you suddenly left."

"My exams are starting next week. I'll give them and leave. I won't be attending my graduation." "Jungkook—" "I'll talk about this with Eunwoo too."  "We'll talk about this later. You should sleep now." Jin hyung spoke. I just nodded and made my way to my room.

Taehyung's P.O.V

. . .

I woke up and saw the other side of my bed empty. Where is Jungkook? I turned around to see the time and saw a note near my phone. As I read the note, it was like my whole world stopped. He can't leave me. He promised he'd stay. I immediately got up and went to freshen up. I need to talk to him. There must be some reason.

As I was done, I immediately made my way to Jungkook's house. As I reached there, I immediately got down and rang the doorbell. I kept on ringing it when Jin hyung finally opened the door. "Where is Jungkook?" I asked as I got inside. "He's not at home," Hyung replied. "Where is he?" "I don't know... He said he wants to be alone and he went." 

"You're... you're lying right. He is in his room right?" I spoke while making my way to his room. "No Tae he's not." Jin hyung sighed and followed me. As I entered his room, I saw the room empty. "See... Told you he isn't there." "He can't leave me! He promised to stay!!" I spoke as I sat on his bed, tears streaming down my face. "Hey calm down Tae." Jin hyung sat beside me.

"H-He left this n-note and l-left..." I said and handed him the note. "He didn't tell me about this... But maybe you both should take time for yourselves." He spoke. "No! I don't want to be alone. I'll...I'll wait here till he comes back." I spoke. "Taehyung you need to rest. I don't know when Jungkook will be back. So I think you should go home and rest." "But hyung-" "Look Taehyung, I think you both should rest. Jungkook's having his finals and even you will be having some events. So I suggest you both to take a rest at least for some time."

I think he's right. I should give him some time. Maybe he'll open up himself once he's done with his exams. "I guess you're right. I'll give him some time." I sighed. "Do you want something to eat?" Jin hyung asked. "Not really... I'm not in the mood to eat." "C'mon eat some. You look so pale." Jin hyung said and took me downstairs.

After a while of talking and eating I finally decided to leave. "Take care and don't worry too much about Jungkook." He said and I just nodded and left.

. . .

I'm starting to worry. I can't concentrate anywhere. No matter whatever I try to do, my mind gets back to Jungkook. Why do I feel there's something wrong. Maybe I should talk with Chaeyoung... She's close to Jungkook. Maybe he told something to her. Yeah! I should go to her.  I took my car keys and made my way to Chaeyoung's house.

As I reached her place, I took a deep breath and went inside. "Oh Taehyung-ssi, what brings you here?" Chayoung who was sitting in the yard asked as she made her way toward me. "Well I had a day off, so thought of taking you out," I spoke. "Oh, Taehyung!" Mr. Son came out. "What brings you here?" He asked. "I would like to take Chaeyoung out for a while!" "Sure! You don't have to ask me!" He smiled. It seemed as if he doesn't know anything about that article about me and Jungkook. Good for me I guess. "Well then, we'll get going!" I said and he nodded.

"Where's Jungkook?" She asked as we sat in the car. "Wait you don't know?" I gasped. "What do you mean?" She asked, totally confused. So no one knows why he did it... "Let's go to some quiet place. There's a lot we need to talk about." I said and started the car. 

Finally, we were at the Han river sitting in peace. "So what do you want to talk about?" She asked. "It's about Jungkook..." "What do you mean? Where is he?" "I... don't know... He left this letter and went. So I thought he might have told you. But it seems no one knows." I sighed and handed her the note.

"Failed to protect you?! What is he trying to say? Is this because of that news article?" "You know about it?" "I have Twitter Taehyung..." "Does your dad know..." "How could he not...That bitch with big mouth came screaming to him 'Dad Chae's soon to be husband was found with a guy!'" She groaned.

"Then how come your dad didn't say anything?" I asked. "Well, my dad called your dad and asked what's Jungkook doing with you. So your dad just said you both are childhood friends." "And he agreed?" "My dad literally agrees with everything your dad says!" She chuckled. Well, she's true though.

"Anyways it's getting late we should get going!" "Yea! Sure see ya!" And with that, we left. I hope everything with Jungkook is okay! I just miss him.

Jungkook's P.O.V

. . .

"Are you fucking kidding me?!" Eunwoo yelled. "What else do you want me to do?! His dad is crazy! I saw that man keeping a watch at Tae's apartment!!" I yelled back. "His life is at risk because of me. So if me leaving him alone means he'll be safe then I'd do whatever his dad says!" "You are crazy!" Eunwoo shook his head. "You'll be here for your graduation right?" He asked.

"Nope! I'll be leaving as soon as I'm done with our finals!" I sighed. "Are you crazy?! What about your graduation?!" "I won't be attending it. Jin hyung will take the certificate and degree later." "No, he's not! You have to attend your graduation. It was your dream Jungkook." "It WAS. But for now, all that matters to me is Taehyung hyung's safety. The sooner I leave, the better for him."

"So you are going to leave for Paris next week..." He asked. "Yes..." "I'm coming with you!" "What?!" "You heard me right! C'mon, you've been with me since we were like born?!" "Shut up!" I whined and he chuckled. "The point is, you've been with me through all my hard times so let me be with you this time." He smiled. "Well then let's inform Jin hyung about this!" "Let's go!!" And with that, we made our way home.