Twenty-Six

"Kim Taehyung! I want you at my place right now!" And with that, the call ended

"Kim Taehyung! I want you at my place right now!" And with that, the call ended. The fuck?! "Who was it?" Jungkook asked. "Dad... He wants me at his place..." I sighed. "See! I told you going out was a bad idea. I shouldn't have agreed on his. This is all because of me. Someone might have seen us. He must have called you because of me..." Jungkook started to panic.

"Hey, hey calm down Koo. It's not at all because of you okay? Let's just go to your place first hm?" I caressed his cheeks and tried to calm him. "No! I w-won't let you g-go alone t-to your dad." He said while tightly gripping my hands. "Did we interrupt something?" Jimin asked as the three of them sat inside the car.

"Nope. Let's go home." I smiled. "Do you want me to drive?" I asked and he shook his head. I just sighed as he started the car. After a good 15 minutes ride, we reached Yoongi hyung's studio. We bid farewell and proceeded to my dad's place.

"Jungkook do you want to go home?" I asked as we reached. "No...I'm not leaving you alone. This is all because of me. I should've just stayed home." He panicked again. "Shh... calm down.. you have me with you, hm?" I caressed his cheeks and pecked his forehead. "Let's go..." I spoke as we both got out of the car. Taking a deep breath we made our way towards the gate.

The guard opened the gate for us and went. He didn't say anything about me taking Jungkook inside with me. We both looked at each other and then I knocked on the door. The door opened revealing dad with a huge smile. "Oh, we were waiting for you. Come in." He gestured for both of us to come in. 

"Chae?" Jungkook whispered as he saw the girl sitting inside with her dad. "You know her?" I asked and he simply nodded.

Jungkook's P.O.V.

. . .

As we entered inside, my eyes fell on a familiar figure. "Chae?" I whispered as I saw her sitting inside with her dad. "You know her?" Tae asked and I simply nodded. What is Chae doing here? Taehyung went and sat in front of them, beside his dad, while I stood behind him. What's wrong with Chae? She's never this quiet. Plus she didn't even look at me. 

"Taehyung-ah, this is Mr. Son and this is his daughter Chaeyoung." Mr. Kim spoke. It is her. It's my Chae. She just slightly bowed and looked down. My eyes fell on her wrist and I saw some injury. What is going on? Taehyung looked at me once and then again looked at Chae.

"So as I told you a few days ago about your marriage with Mr. Son's daughter, today they're here to discuss it." Wait, what?! Chae's marriage with him? No no no this can't be. I looked at Chae only to find her looking at me. The pain was visible in her eyes. I need to talk to her.

"We would like you both to go out together and get to know each other." Chae's father spoke. "I'm busy." Tae blankly spoke. "We understand but we would like to give you some time to know each other before the marriage which is in 3 weeks." Chae's father smiled. "3 WEEKS?!" Both Taehyung and Chaeyoung gasped. "Yes!" Mr. Kim nodded. "So hurry up kids!" His dad smiled as everyone got up.

"Okay then! I'll take her with me if you don't mind." Taehyung spoke up. "Oh of course we don't mind." "Yea why would you, after all, she's my soon-to-be wife now." Tae smiled and so did his and Chae's father. "And you're our future son-in-law!" Chae's father said and patted his shoulders while I stood there in confusion.

We all got out and I went towards the car while he was talking with them. How can he agree to that marriage? Didn't he say that this is all just for the sake of business? Did he just bring me in to show all of that? Too many questions were flooding in my mind. I need a break. 

Just then I saw Taehyung coming with Chae. I opened the door as Chae sat inside. "You won't sit?" I asked as Tae closed the door. "I'll take the front seat." He spoke. "You should sit beside your fiance, Mr. Kim." I don't what happened to me but I said it. "Jungkook I-" "She must be waiting Mr. Kim." He just sighed and sat in the backseat. 

Throughout the whole ride, no one spoke. Ugh, this traffic. Why do all the bad things happen altogether?? I just wanted to drop him and leave, but no! This traffic will never let me be at peace. 

Almost after 30-40 minutes, we were out of this traffic. I increased the speed of the car and finally, we reached his apartment. "I want to talk with you," Taehyung spoke. "We can talk later," I said and looked at Chae who was still quiet. "It's important Jungkook." Taehyung spoke. He was frustrated.

"I should get going," I spoke and turned around. "Stop!" He spoke with a slight raise in his volume. "It's getting late Mr. Kim. We will talk tomorrow. I have my works to do." "You don't have uni tomorrow." He spoke.

"But I do have other works." "Why are you being like this?" "What do you mean?" I asked. "I need to talk to you. Please just come with us." "I want some time to process what happened back there hyung." I sighed. "Let me explain it." He held my hands. "I should go hyung. Take care of yourself and her." "Why don't you stay?" "Because I don't want to!" I said while freeing my hands from his grip.

"Jungkook... please stay..."