1)The Hogwarts Express

It's the 1st of September.
The day I leave for Hogwarts.

The weather is awful, rainy and grey but I doubt anything could cloud my excitement today.

"Are you sure you've got everything, sweetheart? My grandfather repeated for the ninth time today.

"Yes, I'm sure Grandad" I mocked, smiling to myself "Stop your worrying. Everything is sorted and I'll be fine!"

"And you've still got your ticket?"

"Right here" I held it up for him to see.

"Great" he grinned, aware he was overthinking things.
"Oh come here"
We shared a hug, the reality that I'm leaving hitting hard.
"I'll miss you mate" he spoke into my ear.

"I'll miss you too. I love you Grandad"

"I love you too. Now go!" With one last squeeze he let me go, wiping a tear from his eye.
Grabbing ahold of my suitcase I took one last look at him. His gelled white hair, dimpled smile and glassy eyes.

"I'll be back at Christmas! See you then" I called before finally heading for my train, right as the whistle sounded to announce that it would be departing shortly.

No one seemed to be travelling alone.

No one but me.

This year was to be my first at Hogwarts.
Being such a popular school it's almost impossible to get accepted - unless you're a pureblood or your parents had connections in the ministry. So unfortunately my application was never successful and I was forced to settle for Baxter's Wizarding Academy in South East England. Until this year. Miraculously I was offered a place this year. I could barely contain my excitement when my grandfather gave me the good news.
And I was beyond nervous.

But right now my main concern was actually making it to Hogwarts, so without further delay I picked my luggage off the floor, held on tightly to my ticket and climbed onboard to find a seat.

The train pulled away the minute I stepped inside. I knew I couldn't be picky choosing a compartment, with the swaying of the carriages nearly knocking my old suitcase out of my grasp.
The first four compartments I passed were completely full up, but thankfully the fifth only seated three people leaving plenty of room for me.

"Hey" I smiled cautiously, sliding open the door "do you mind if I sit with you? Everywhere else is full"

"Of course" A pretty brunette girl answered with confidence "As long as you can put up with these two the whole way there" She rolled her eyes, but in a playful way.
"I'm Hermione, Hermione  Granger, this is Ron and Harry" she gestured to the boys as I offered them a polite smile.
"What's your name?"

"I'm Aurelia Greenwood. I'm new"

"What year are you in?" The dark haired boy - Harry questioned, looking up from the book he had balanced on his lap.

"5th year"

"Amazing! So are we - maybe you'll be sorted with us! We're Gryffindors." Hermione spoke proudly.

"Oh, Gryffindors?" I confirmed, unsure wether this was a good thing.

"Yes, there are four houses here, Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin. We're all in Gryffindor" she explained.
That's right, I'd heard about houses at Hogwarts, a sorting was mentioned in my acceptance letter.

"Just pray you're not put in Slytherin" the Ginger spoke for the first time, smirking slightly and looking over at Harry like something was funny.

"What's wrong with Slytherin?"

"There's not a single Witch or Wizard that went bad that wasn't in Slytherin" he shrugged, matter of factly. "Besides they're all stuck up pure-bloods, you don't want to be surrounded by that lot all day"

"Oh" I laughed "Guess not, I'll be hoping for Gryffindor then."

"You like chocolate frogs?" He reached into a blue bag by his feet, a childlike smile brightening his face.  "I bought way too many of them"

All of us grinning, a wave of relief washed over me. As long as I get sorted into Gryffindor, I know I'll be fine.