6) The Party

9.30.
An hour and a half past curfew and we're going down to join the party. Despite already consuming my fair share of Firewiskey the nerves return, twisting in my stomach.

"What if we all get caught? We'd be in so much trouble" I whisper to the girls.

"Relax babe" Daphne laughs "We've done this hundreds of times and these parties have been going on for years. Besides there's plenty of Wards up to prevent us from ever being caught"

"Oh? Wards.."

"Yeah, you know..muffling spells, deflection spells. That sort of thing"

The common room was dark. Green flames from the fireplace slightly illuminating the area. Cigarette smoke fogs the room. We recognise the boys lounging on the sofas in their causal clothes. Each grasping their own bottle, chatting to some desperate looking girls from the year below who are practically drooling.

"Hey gorgeous" Blaise beams at Pansy as she perches on his lap.

Me and Daphne squeeze onto the sofa opposite, receiving dirty looks from the younger girls as we do so.

"Ah" Theo smirks, giving us his full attention "You made it"

"Yes we did" Daphne flirts, flicking her hair over one shoulder "Now the fun can really start"

"Fuck yeah" Theo smiles, reaching over and passing us his drink. I take a long mouthful, the bitter liquid making me wince. I hope the taste will improve as I become more intoxicated. Looking up from the bottle I notice Malfoy staring. It's slightly uncomfortable but I choose to ignore him.

"You're looking sexy tonight, you know that Aurelia?" Theo flirts, causing Malfoy's frown to grow as he rolls his eyes.

What's his fucking problem?

"Thanks- oh, you guys can call me Rey if you like. All my old friends used to"

"Rey, I love it" Theo smirked, leaning forward and taking his bottle back, bringing it to his lips without breaking eye contact.

"How cute!' Pansy agreed, running her fingers through Blaise's hair.

Suddenly Draco stood, barging through our group.

"If you're all just getting to know the mudblood here, I'm off to find Astoria" he sneered heading towards the girls dormitories.

"Ignore him mate" Blaise looked over at me sympathetically. "He's been pissed off about something all day, he'll come around"

"Yeah maybe" I smile back.

A few drinks later and I've now moved into Malfoy's seat next to Theo, his hand placed on my bare thigh. Pansy and Blaise have been snogging for the past 15 minutes and Daphne is seriously flirting with a boy from the year above. Theo's been going on about his position on the quidditch team and it's become more and more difficult to actually seem interested.

"You, Move" A voice demands. I turn around to see Malfoy ordering one of the younger girls to leave, his arm around a petite brunette girl who I assume must be Astoria. They both sit next to Daphne in the seat I had moved from.

"Hey Tori" Daphne smiles at her little sister, and they begin talking. Malfoy seems to use this as his cue to leave grabbing Blaise, much to Pansy's disappointment.

"Lets go grab some more drinks mate"

Theo's still rambling on, so I attempt to escape.

"Hey I'm just going to the toilet ok? I'll be right back"