14) The morning after

"Don't worry Rey. It's Theo who's in the wrong. Not you. Just try to ignore him" Daphne tried to ease my nerves as we sped towards the Great Hall for Breakfast.

"Yeah, I know. I just don't even want to look at him right now"

I prayed Theo wasn't at the table. It was Saturday and we had no classes to be up for. After last nights drinking I hoped he was still in bed with a skull splitting headache.
He deserved it.

For the tenth time this morning my mind went over what he had said.
"It's not like we're together"
And no.
We weren't.
But he had been glued to my side since I arrived at Hogwarts.
He'd stolen kisses whenever we were alone.
He'd flirted and made it very clear that he liked me only to go and kiss another girl just minutes after we'd had sex.

Now that was fucking out of order.

I was miserable. Not just because I'd realised we would never be a couple now, but because I considered Theo my closest friend here.

To my disappointment Theo was already sat at the table leaning over a bowl of cereal, head bowed. The others were there too, Blaise with Pansy and Malfoy looking as glum as ever.

"You've got this girl" Daphne whispered at me as we joined them.

"Morning" Pansy sang, obviously trying to lighten the mood.

Theo's eyes shot up from his bowl, curious to see who it was. When he realised it was me, he stood with haste creating a loud clang as he dropped his spoon. He left without bothering to finish his food.

"Ladies" Draco nodded welcoming us "Looks like someone's not too pleased to see you this morning Greenwood"

If this was his attempt at a joke, it was not funny. Although it didn't stop him from smiling and letting out a light laugh.

"Hmm" is all I reply.

Thankfully the conversation picks up and we move away from the topic of Theo. I don't contribute, sitting in despair thinking about him.
His lips
His body
His hands all over me
His cock

I'm suddenly interrupted by an intruder in my head.

You filthy whore

My eyes flash over at Malfoy who is glaring back at me, his pale skin ever so slightly reddening and his long fingers curled into a tight fist on the table.
He looked furious - but also surprised. Come to think of it, he probably wasn't aware that I'd even kissed Theo at all.
Unless he'd read my mind about that too? Or even Theo's?
Before I had the chance to react he'd jumped out of his seat, forced away his plate and stormed out the the hall just like Theo had.

"Jeez, what's the matter with these guys today" Blaise remarked, genuinely in shock.

Pansy and Daphne glimpsed suspiciously in my direction before exchanging clueless expressions.

Blaise sighed. Not in an annoyed way. More the type that meant there was always something going on.

"I guess I'll go see what's wrong. We know why Theo stormed off - but Draco? Who knows what's wrong with him" Blaise placed a hand in the table to push himself up, gave Pansy a quick kiss and headed after Draco.

"Fuck the boys, right?" Daphne huffed. "Except Blaise obviously. He's never doing any of that shit. Obviously more intelligent than the others" she giggled.

"I still can't believe Theo would do that though. We all know he's a bit of a player but come on? To go off and snog her minutes after he'd fucked you" Pansy spoke in disbelief. Clearly disgusted with her friends behaviour.