10) Magic of the mind

"Snape is foul" I complain. "I can't believe we've got to put up with him three times a week"

"Fucking Dreadful isn't he? Daphne nods.

The six of us lounged around the Common room fireplace, killing time before we would head up to bed.

"Want me to take your mind off him Rey Rey?" Theo messed, nudging Blaise and wiggling his brows.

"Whatever Theo" I giggle, rolling my eyes playfully.

As usual Draco wasn't adding much to the conversation, pulling a narrow silver hip flask out of his robes, unscrewing the cap and taking a large mouthful.

"Can't you go one night without having a drink Malfoy?" Pansy moaned.

"What's it to you Parkinson?"

"Be nice Malfoy" Blaise chucked, lightly punching his arm. "God, what's gotten into you lately? Lighten up"

"Mmm"

"Yeah quit sulking. You've been sucking the fun out of everything like a bloody dementor" Daphne taunts.

"You guys are just jealous. If you want some drinks just ask" Malfoy shrugs, holding the flask out to Daphne.

"Don't have to tell me twice" she accepted.

"Yeah cause there's enough for all of us in there" Theo complained sarcastically as we all watched Daphne tilt her head back to reach whatever liquid remained.

"Fine. Wait here"

Draco got up, prying his flask away from Daphne and walking lazily towards the boys dorms. About a minute later he returned with two more bottles of alcohol.

"Alright! Where'd you even get this stuff?" Blaise questioned amazed, leaning forward in his chair and taking a bottle from Draco.

"I have my ways" he flicked off the cap and took a mouthful. Screwing up his face as he swallowed and passing the bottle on to Daphne.

We drank for a while.
Two bottles between the six of us was not enough to get us pissed, but definitely helped to lighten Draco's mood. Especially considering he'd been drinking from his flask beforehand.
He smiled more now. Laughing with the group. A genuine smile with his teeth showing replaced his usual cocky smirk. I was beginning to see why the others were actually friends with Malfoy. This side of him was different.

In our almost tipsy states, Theo had moved closer to me. His hand now placed on my bare knee. It was a subtle gesture, but the girls had noticed and kept sending me naughty looks whenever Theo wasn't paying attention.

But despite being sat so close to Theo, I couldn't help but watch Draco. Seeing him smile was fascinating. It almost felt like I was witnessing something special - Probably due to the fact that his real smile was a rare sight.

Draco was sat back against the cracked leather sofa, with his hands in his lap and his legs spread. Upstairs he'd taken his tie off and left his robes, another rare sight - seeing Draco Malfoy's outfit incomplete.

Before I had the chance to glance away, Draco's ocean grey eyes met mine.

Hello handsome.

I thought to myself. Without his bitter attitude, Malfoy looked hotter than ever.

-"Don't you think Rey?"